Removing a keyed lugnut without the key.

in for the back story where guy told newman to sell the wheels while he was away

Newman, if it is a mcguard style lock, get the cheater socket that is completely smooth on the inside, they work way better than the extractors Jagermeister suggested. They taper and work absolutely amazing on the mcguard locks, hit it once with a hammer and you can spin them right off. Had to do this a ton of times at Big D. Don’t use a socket, you can use one of these cheaters over and over. Plus they sell them in sets of three different sizes.

Dude- that audi old enough it won’t have an alarm system or the battery will be dead? you best be careful not to sound alarms.

Also I got A cinder block for sale if you need it. Will ship it.

I :heart: this thread.

he wont do it, its just all talk

loll

i know… ugh people are dumb… driftg35 should be in here soon :slight_smile: (based on the way things are going)

^lmao

A+. great responses.

i cant believe how stupid people are

youve got to be kidding man… i could never see you doing this to someones car over $800, ever.

either way if youre srs, i have some really nifty irwin bolt extractors you can borrow lmk

Lol… look closer guys.

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 AM ----------

:wink: I thought typing let me HERE your ideas would get people to look THERE… guess not…

if you can’t find anyone with the keys and it comes to a last stand type thing, take a picture of the key pattern, and call mcgards in west seneca, they MAKE custom lug nuts and the keys for them, these are the same things you see in pep boys and shit. They can make any key you need. http://www.mcgard.com/

Mcgard is right on California Rd in OP. I’m pretty sure they have something for most any kind of wheel lock. Might be worth a try before putting much effort into it. I lost a GM OEM key last year and they got me the correct replacement in 5 minutes.

same with me, i lost the key to my locking lug, they put a mold of clay in it, and made the pattern into a key in like an hour.

never tried this, but it is an idea. lightly grease said locking lug. take a socket and mash some jb weld in there. mash socket onto greased lug so the jb weld takes shape of key but won’t stick due to grease. Wait a day for jb weld to set up, and then try out your new key.

might work andy! i removed tightened arp head studs with jb weld hahah

did anyone else not read what he wrote in the first post?

x2, fucking dipshits

So…Did you get em’ out?
I bet mom’s happy

THIS WORKS!.. i did it once before, except i used pam cooking spray to stop the jbweld from adhereing to the keyed lug… I got the wheels off my moms prius this way… (when she lost her lug keys_