Removing a keyed lugnut without the key.

My neighbor has a really nice set of HRE wheels on his audi. He’s out of the country on business for most of the summer. He also owes me 800 dollars, so I’m going to go over and take the wheels off his car in lieu of payment… whatever, he can S my D. I can probably get 800 bucks for the wheels, I plan on moving out before he gets back. I climbed over the fence into his yard last night to do it, but it has one keyed lugnut on each wheel, so I need to figure out how to get them off.

Anyone have any tips besides:
Pound a socket on there

Weld a nut on the end of the lug…

Lemme here your ideas!!!

(This is actually for my mom whom misplaced her wheel key)

Harbor freight or similar quality/cost socket + hammer is the best method I know of. Chances are you’ll need one socket per keyed lug, so they need to be cheap.

Alternative is to go to someone who sells keyed lugnuts and see if they can order a replacement key. There aren’t many different keys out there.

theyre suuuper old, IDK what brand they are… They were on my maxima at one point…

I’d take a picture and ask if someone can help ya out. I know my FD lug key was the same as like 4 other sets of wheels we had around…:lol:

This method works pretty well.

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2684546

buy the key online. I lost my key like 3 year ago, and bought a replacement online.

Just got a call from a friend of mine has a set of sockets specifically for this, so I should be all set…

Lol. PERFECT!

word.

lol

haha Call Jay, he LOVES this shit and will for sure figure out a way to do it LOL

Edit: SHIT LOLLLLLLL

What year audi?

LOL OWNED!

Plan on getting your ass kicked if you ever run into him once he’s back…buffalo is a REALLY small town

In B4 grand theft charges.

I have lugnut sized extractors.

http://www.mechanicstoolsupply.com/includes/image_resize.asp?intWidth=400&intHeight=400&path=Products\Enlarge\9_24_2007_14_55_46.jpg

lol

A few people missed that, lol

my trans am came with some cheap keys on the rims and i went with the bang a socket on them technique they came right off…keys ofcourse were junk

:biglaugh:

Haha, no way. I want to see this.

why havnt you called me yet? im great at doing shitty stuff like this!