removing copyright watermark???

I’m seriously thinking about signing up for an online movie site (still undecided on which I’m going with). When you download the movie, it’s only good for x amount of days (or you can watch it forever for extra $$$). But it limits you to copying it like 3 times I believe.

is there anyway to get past that? kind of stupid IMO… if I’m paying for it, I should be able to copy or back it up as many times as I want.

any programs what will strip the mpeg of that kind of info?

thanks

it’s DRM right?

ouch… GLW that one…

that digital rights media shit is the antichrist; seriously. :ohnoes:

edit: on topic; the only way that it can be easily bypassed is to play the video through an AV output and record it into another format…

at least that’s the only way i’ve found.

play the vid >> output to s-video or whatever >> record back in with a tv tuner card. as you can see it involves having a few extra pieces of hardware though…

lol figured it out :drevil:

what you gots to do (with vongo atleast) is wait until it’s like 99% d/led and pause it… go into the temp folder and copy the WMV file to another folder.

when it’s done d/ling, it encrypts the one… but the other stays as a standard WMV file (you can copy it, or do whatever you want with it).

suckers :stuck_out_tongue: cant believe they did it like that… funny shit. took me a few mins from getting the service to figure it out.

just a FYI… if anyone wants to do it… you get like a weekl free and can d/l as many movies as you want lol… just saying :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: yeah… I tried looping it like that but wouldnt work for some reason. I dont think I had everything seyup correctly

nice; that’s cool.

but… how do you pause the dl? is there a special dl manager?

well i knew it wouldent be long before some sucker on here signed up for this lame ass pay for movie crap. :stuck_out_tongue:

why not use netflix or NGs to get ur movies?

lol

yeah… it uses a d/l manager :slight_smile: :tup:

Kevin… eh… figured I’d try it out. I’m not real happy with the selection of movies (got just about everything downloaded that I’d ever really watch) but it’s worth the 9 bucks a month IMO.

not to mention that you get a streaming feed from starz aswell included and since I have regular old basic cable, it beats dropping extra loot for the premium channels. :tup: They “said” that they add like 10 movies every week and like 15 at the beginning of every month or something like that, although I’m not holding my breath.

whats NGs? I didnt want to do netflix because at that point, I might as well just go to blockbuster. Can only rent one at a time I beleive and takes a few days to send/recieve them (and their not always in stock). With this, just start d/ling and about 5 mins later… bam, got the movie in front of you (have my TV wired up to the PC)

edit: stay the f’ away from cinemanow though… just a warning. EXPENSIVE

netflix lets you get up to 3 at a time.

oh, no shit.

eh, maybe I’ll try it after the free trial of vongo runs out. It’s gotta beat any movie download service… cant fucking stand that your HONESTLY paying for the movie… but they STILL have you by the balls with that stupid DRM shit. It’s gonna be thier downfall IMO (not to mention that your paying about the same for a movie that you’d be paying in a store, but you get shittier quality and no special features :tdown: )

with netflix u can get a true 1:1 copy of a movie, this download crap u cant.

yea but if you return your movies on time always they tend to send the videos to the people who dont more cause they make more $$ off them. so if u return them like u should u dont get them as quick. they were just sued over that so maybe they changed

Netflix FTW…i have teh 2 at a time program myself

i get all my movies from netflix on time, and i send usually 6 back a week or so. never an issue.