Removing Factoy shift Knob

Does anyboy know how to remove the factory shift knob? i just bought an after market one and i’m having a hard time removing the factory one.

p.s i have already removed the shift boot.

thanks

wtf lol… thats really weird. How did u get the shift boot off before the shift knob? all u do is spin the ****er off. it’s threaded, so spin it to the left and your golden.

Im getting bored i think i’ll go out looking for a nismo shift knob.

haha sorta what i was thinking, ya its really easy all you do is twist it off.

if you really want i can make a DIY for you, with pics… hehe
hopfully it doesnt come down to that.

yea bro, i was like Osad wtf, but i then realised i was in the same situation when i first tried taking off my oem shift knob it was stiff like a B#$%^, i though i was going to break the stick.lol. so i crossed my fingers and put the gear in second, put my left hand at the bottom of the stick, to hold it tight down in second gear. then with my right hand it took about three to four really hard left turn JERKS!!!, you can’t just twist it off, you have to jerk it in the opening direction really hard to get the thread lose.

its not easy in terms of how tedious it is to get some shift knobs off.

mine spins freely…

when i shift like a granny it comes loose… when i downshift from 3rd to second, the little bugger flies right off haha!

ya i had to do simalar as you to get my shift knob off (and for no reason) i just took it off one day when i was board waiting for my gf to get ready.

but it does eventually come off, twist/jerk, spin that facker off.

well dont shift like a granny, shift like a man and grasp that knob when you shift…

i got it off thanks guys. and the shift boot was ripped soi just ripped it off completely that’s how i remove the boot with out the knob.

appreciate the help