Removing lug nuts with a sawz-all

1. never take wheel off and sell car

I hope this isn’t a re-post…

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2684546

![http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/2301/20091003161455.jpg](http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/2301/20091003161455.jpg)

Cliffs: I broke the key in the lug… Than broke a tap in the key ( tap =titanium) … used all drill bits, easy outs… nada… worked… soooo

^ type of lug I had

It got really dark out…

Enjoy

“cool story bro/gif/jpeg”

you hoped, but no hope in the world can save you now…it’s a repost

FAIL

WOW. First I’ve seen of this. Amazing…

godamit.

someone messed up the thread merge…

some threads are just best deleted instead of being merged. lol

VW owners, the new Honda owners.

Now if only every other one of those stupid “time attack” rims would meet a similar fate

we’re all totally ripping on this guy, but until this happens to one of us, STFU, maybe there really wasnt anything he could do, he did take it to a few places as mentioned in the thread

i guess also having the right tools would of helped, but im sure he isnt the first one to do this, just the first one to publically humiliate himself on the interWeBz

did it mention why he absolutely had to get to the other side of that wheel? there had to be a few more options lying between broken key and sawzall.

No noob - that tap was titanium and it broke! I had to cut a wheel and show my genius to the internets!

Well look at the bright side- at least he had to buy a new wheel and boost the economy?

Fuck…just weld a 3/8" or 1/2" extension to the lug and spin her out???

x2…

i would have done this before cutting the rim off lol.

i think he tried that ^^^

I doubt he tried to weld it. an extension would give a shit ton of surface area to weld to. crank the welder up and burn it in real good.

idiot tax at work here. lol

i read almost the whole thread on hondatech… i dont believe he could weld it because the wheel was in the way or something, i dont remember what the exact reason was, but i know he stated why he didnt do that

Besides, its not like you cant buy an extra wheel to complete the set

The first thing I thought of was welding to it…

Wouldn’t that be a SIGNIFICANTLY better attempt before you fucking cut the wheel? I wouldn’t even think you could cut a wheel to gain better access at all. That just makes no sense. I would cut spokes to gain access to cut the stud before I do what he did.

Regardless… He set himself up for severe pwnage by now stating WHY he couldn’t do it ANY other way. From my skimming it looks like he said ‘its stripped, now im fucked’

there is plenty of room to weld to it. the first pic shows that. hammer a extension in there and weld it on 3 sides.

even if you have to refinish an area of the wheel from slight damage, its better than sawing it lol.

i dont see how u could weld it when the lugnut is deep into the wheel without getting contact with the wheel? maybe u could weld the key in, but u would only be able to weld half of it ? ive broken welded on bolts before with an impact, im sure that weld would snap