Seized lug nut!

I Cant get the damn thing off… it is a tuner lug, spline drive lug. I have so far stripped 3 keys. I have used a breaker bar, impact wrench, and a regular tire iron… I put penetrating oil on it over night… tried all three again and still nothing. I am running out of ideas. I do have spacers on the wheels. Does anyone have an idea?

the last thing i can suggest to you is using a torch.

Use a torch to get it all red hot then let it cool for a bit. The expansion and contraction might let it loosen up.

OR

a nut extractor which can be bought at most hardware and auto parts stores.

there’s 2 more options for you

torch the fucker!

start drilling through it and replace the stud

i got those pound on twisted remover thingy…if you come by and grab my set ill let you use them…

You can try an extractor but the normal sets probably won’t be large enough. I have a set that is sized for lug nuts if you can’t figure anything else out.

torch it. then maybe use a little anti sieze when you reinstall the new ones.

an extractor set wont get inside the hole in a rim if he is using tuner lugs. best bet would be to take the whole assembly to a shop and use an impact. then torch it if you must. i doubt its siezed. just on real tight

what kind of lugs? Pep boys specials? Torch um out

mcguard spline drives… and I did use anti-seize…(yeah thats what i said) I just didnt want to torch them cause of the wheels. :banghead:

Went over to swerve to see my buddy Rich… Used impact on them (two different guns) all it did was strip and split the spline key into a beautiful art piece…

The only thing I have going for me is the nuts are only attached to the spacer not to the actual hubs on the car so if I need to drill them out it would only be ruining the spacer studs…

PB blaster, Torch, and breaker bar.

Then it is cross threaded. Torch it or cut a slit in it and air hammer it in a loosening pattern. Be very careful though.

torch and impact, like said torch and let cool then do it again

I just had to do this with some McGaurds, total pieces of shit. Torch it, worked for me

Sell the car.

ha ha best option right there

Come back to swerve and let me at it. I’ll have it off in a half hour.

lol ok…

FS: '03 evo 8

reason for selling…

One seized lug nut

heat is your friend just torch it

how cant you get it off? with my impact at work it either comes off or the studs guna break