rent a race car. please help me out

[quote=“OriginalSterm,post:20,topic:26690"”]

I’ve run with 3 different PCA regions, 2 BMW regions, and 3 other track groups. They have all had similar, but different “coloring” conventions for their groups. I’ve been at events with 3 run groups, and others with 4. How many events have you done or organized?

Let me know what region you are with, I want to make sure I am not on the same track as you. There is no reason to sign someone off at Watkins Glen, and assume they know Lime Rock or Mosport well enough to solo there if they have never driven the track. There is also a different between your first solo and knowing wtf you are doing.

[/quote]

The chief instructor of my region is very strict about passing people into higher run groups. You don’t have to have run a track to know what you are doing. Part of the requirement of being singed off is demonstrating that you can pick up the line quickly and don’t drive over your head. You also have to demonstrate traffic management and by able to point out flag stations among other things.

That being said, they will not pass people off into higher run groups that have not been to many tracks, but once you have advanced that is the run group you run in.

They also have no problem with letting some one in a higher run group ask for an instructor if it is the first time to a track in fact the encourage it but it is not required.

personaly i have been to 4 two day events and hope to double it this year i will be attending my first BMW event this april and then will be doing NER and NCR events.