Any first-hand experience with PDA or Trackmasters?

My folks are coming into town and I’d like to do a few DE days while they are here. The only real possibilities calendar wise are with PDA (Jul 14-15) or Trackmasters (Jul 16-17), both at the Glen. Their prices are a good bit higher than PCA / BMWCCA and even a bit more than SCDA which is kinda depressing but then again w/ gas prices being what they are and my travel cost w/ the trailer being about $1/mile it beats going up to Mosport or out to NHIS (now NHMS I guess) or down to Summit Point.

Anyway, looking for any (preferably FIRST HAND) experience / feedback with either group. I’m hoping they’ll let me into their Advanced group even as a first-timer (with them, by no means first time at a DE), no way am I paying those prices to run parade laps in a train, heh.

this is semi first hand, because my dad did a lot of track days with trackmaster and trackquest and you learned alot form what my dad said + more tack time then autox.

Dave, dont go with the “my dad’s cousin’s roommate’s” bs. Give Jim Shiner a ring or a PM and ask him as he runs with them often.

Not to sound rude or ignorant but I’m more looking for “they are lax like Shattenbaum PCA” or “their run groups suck” more than “seat time vs autox” - no shit, 4 20-25-30 min sessions had damn well BETTER yield > autox for almost $300/day (hence my reservation, I can go with PCA to the Glen for about 300 for TWO days).

They are pretty good at returning emails, I have been in contact with bill whos email is panoz09@aol.com

I’ve run with PDA at the Glen before. They are a pretty good group. You get a lot of the same instructors/drivers as other local groups, so a lot of the faces will be familiar. They are a lot of money, but it’s well organized and they don’t pack the track with too many cars (ie. Reisentoter PCA).