Trackmasters at the glen 7/17/08

I want to get to the Glen this year in the supra, im thinking about 7/17 with trackmasters https://www.trackmasters.com/Page.asp?Script=1

Anyone else interested?

interested, yes. doubtful on attendance tho. Will know more in the next few weeks.

:tup:

Its Intermediate class only. Myself and Shockwave72438727834 were considering the PDA event two days prior to the Trackmasters one.

I was ready to register until I read “We do NOT allow convertibles and roadsters in our school.”
:tdown:

I was looking at trackmasters as well. Thing is, I would have to say that I am not an intermediate yet. Therefore I am unsure if I can go / should go.

Looks like I am attending this one. PDA does let you run with a convertible.
July 14th and 15th 295 for one day 495 for both.

I am planning on signing up to go to the Glen On Monday July 14th with PDA “Performance Driving Association”. I am doing the intermediate class but they have all classes open that day and my friend is doing the beginner class. They told me they have plenty of availabilty. My registration is just pending on me getting the day off which looks promising. I would love to see some familiar faces up there, or meet more local guys.
Chip

I signed up for the event on the 17th with trackmasters

damnit i need to get my z going. didn’t do ANY trackdays at the glen last year

The 17th date got cancelled, but I am now signed up for the 31st of July if anyone else is interested.

I can’t go that week. I’m not planning on going back to the Glenn until the end of August (25, 26). You’ll have to tell us how the new pavement is.

I am … but my engine is not in the mood. :fuzzyfish:

I would like to go summer 2009

There is a october event that I will probably attend if anyone is interested

I’ll be there Monday and Tuesday. I may be down for going back in October. I love that course.

If anybody needs to stay down near Watkins Glen, the wife and I stayed at The lodge at Seneca Springs http://www.senecasprings.com/ which was pretty nice, with a full breakfast in the morning. I was about 20 minutes to the track, although it is around the bottom and on the other side of the lake.

I’d like to do this. If not October, then I guess I have to wait until next year.

What is the diff between novice and intermediate?

Have you been on the track? (That one specifically). If so how much time have you spent there, how many DE’s, how many open days? What organizers? What run groups were you in? What is the prep level of your car? Were you solo’d at any of your events? Do you run solo (See what run group)? etc.

Yea this is not a beginner track at all lol the Walls scares me…

There is nothing wrong with running at the Glen as a novice, just respect the armco.