NER PCA DE @ Watkins Glen, July 23-24

The Northeastern Region of the Porsche Club is hosting a DE down at the Glen on July 23-24 (that’s a Wednesday and Thursday). No, you don’t have to have a Porsche, or even be a member. Cost is $330 per day, unless your signed off, then it’s $300.

A number of us are going: at least four of us from this forum, and two or three people we know who aren’t. We also know a number of the instructors, so it should be a fun-filled shindig.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2a/Watkins_Glen_International_Circuit_Map.png/250px-Watkins_Glen_International_Circuit_Map.png
^ You, too, could be driving this! Doesn’t that look fun?

You can check it out on their website at: www.porschenet.com
And register at: www.clubregistration.net

It says people are wait listed (including me), but I have it on pretty damned good authority that there is still room in all groups. Also, if interested PLEASE check out the vehicle requirements, esp. if you are a cabriolet.

I’m really fucking excited to finally drive the Glen. I’ve ridden around it a number of laps. The PCA instructors like to play a game to see who can scare me as a passenger on track, which has given me the most exciting moments of my life…140 even on the backstraight, in a GT2 on street tires, and a spin through Turn 1 that makes you appreciate the paved runoff, just to name two.

In any case, we should have some good pictures, and I’ll be taking one of those PerformanceBox’s from Innovative’s group buy. I can’t sleep right now because I keep dreaming about it and getting myself all worked up :confused: Now I only have to wait a month.