rent a race car. please help me out

Hey guys, I am in the midst of a marketing research project for my degree at Northeastern. I chose to do my project on my passion, track driving. I need more response to my survey to complete the project and was hoping you guys could help me out. The tracks that the cars make it out to are going to be in the north east.

A Drivers Ed is a 1 to 2 day event where you get 5 to 6 sessions that are 20-30 minuets long out on the track. This is not a race so no timing. You can pass slower cars after getting a signal from the car in front. If you have not been signed off into an upper level you will be provided with an instructor while there is no speed limit if your instructor feels you are starting to get in over your head they will let you know and ask you to slow down. Prices vary greatly from club to club but expect to pay $150-300 a day depending on who you go with and what tack you are running on. for racing if you trailer the car in and bring a crew spec miata racers have told me it can cost $1,000 and up for a weekend race.

Run groups are based on skill not car, all groups run separately:
Green and yellow are the Beginner groups.
Blue and white are the intermediate groups
Black is the advanced group
Red is the instructor run group

The value of the car is an agreed value that is on the contract you sign when you rent the car.

Here is the cover letter and survey:

Hello,
My name is Luke Perry. I’ve been a member of PCA for several years, participating in track days, auto-x’s and off-season events. Thanks for taking the time to read this and fill out the accompanying survey. It’s anonymous, 19 questions long, and none of the information gathered will be shared with third parties. If you are interested in more information please send me PM and I will have the company contact you.

Have you ever wanted to try out a race car for a Driver Ed event, or a race? How about the convenience of an arrive-and-drive event, where all you do is show up and the crew you’re provided with gets you set up and comfortable in the car. They will handle anything and everything, from maintenance issues to checking tire pressure, topping your car up with just enough gas to insure the lightest weight, and changing to rain tires if needed.

While Porsche makes a great car, no street car can compare to the safety and performance of a race car. Driving a race car, especially a momentum car will also really improve your driving. The cornering limits are higher, but the acceleration is not up to 997 turbo standards. That being said, these cars are by no means slow. They have gone around Lime rock in 1:02.100, NHIS in 1:16.749, and Watkins Glen 2:20.300. When you get back into a more powerful car, you will be lowering your lap times as you confidently increase your cornering speed. If safety is a concern to you, these race cars all have custom built welded-in cages with integrated seats and 5 point harnesses. These cars are much more crash worthy than a street car. Many cars are available to rent, and all the cars are equally matched. This levels the playing field, making them a great way to settle any bench racing or “who is faster” questions.

For Driver Ed events, I have found that a Boxster running R-compound tires and racing brake pads will cost about $200 in consumables per day, on top of any track expenses. In Massachusetts, no one offers insurance for racing. Driver Ed events are much lower risk than racing, and insurance for the race cars is not included with the rental.

After completion of the one page survey, the web site may ask you for personal information; feel free to decline.

Please click this link to take the survey:

http://www.surveyz.com/TakeSurvey?id=65707

Thank you for filling out the survey
-Luke Perry

SPAM?

no not spam, trying to pass a class and my prof kept holding it back so now i need a lot of responses quickly

Your response has been saved and recorded with ID 1467812

just to let u guys know, its short and not one of those long 9 page ones

thanks for helping me out! i really appreciate it

Seems like the colored groups are only geared to PCA, you may want to expand this question to get more responses.

You may want to give a brief definition of what a driver education event entails for those that have never heard of one before.

What kind of non “Porche”? You should briefly describe Spec7 and Spec Miata so people have some clue of what they are getting.

What is the crash policy? Agreed value? What is the agreed value?

In your consumables I am pretty sure you are forgetting the gas and maintence for the tow vehicle. Also food for any crew is a consumable.

A Drivers Ed is a 1 to 2 day event where you get 5 to 6 20-30 minuets out on the track. This is not a race so no timing. You can pass slower cars after getting a signal from the car in front. If you have not been signed off into an upper level you will be provided with an instructor while there is no speed limit if your instructor feels you are starting to get in over your head they will let you know and ask you to slow down. Prices vary greatly from club to club but expect to pay 150-300 a day depending on who you go with and what tack you are running on.

You will be put in a run group based on skill not car. Green is the entry level run group. When you are signed into the white run group you are permitted to run solo at any track. Red is the instructor run group.

The spec miata and spec RX-7 are both very well handling momentum race cars.

Seems like the colored groups are only geared to PCA, you may want to expand this question to get more responses.

The value of the car is an agreed value that is on the contract you sign when you rent the car.

Thank you for all your advice on improving this, will you be attending the Glen event April 21-22 with the BMW club?

Yes if you were to trailer your car in with your crew the price goes up very quickly. I have heard spec miata racers talking of over $1,000 for a weekend race.

No, I will be @ Nelson renting out my car for the driver’s school.

$1000+ is fair for a weekend (outside of personal friends). That’s what I paid for a ITB VW Rabbit for my first driver’s school. A lot of people don’t realize how the little things add up, and having a crew there can be invaluable at times. I’d like to rent my car out to get more people involved in the sport. But between paying for tires, brakes, tire mounting, this last minute part, that last minute part, gas, food, it’s hard to come up with a really attractive price. On top of that time is money, and to spend a weekend servicing a car is no fun. I see no “real profit” to be had, because I would reinvest the money into the cars anyways.

dude. you REALY REALY need to learn how to compose a fucking internet post

you suck at the internet

your original post is pure crap, which is why im not surprised that your original report was rejected by your instructor

are you the real luke perry? because that would explain alot …

Sorry for the post getting really messy I edited it many time to try and fit this forum better and really didn’t have time last night. The project was never rejected the professor didn’t look at it until the last minuet. Thanks for the advice I definitely needed a swift kick in the ass for that post.

The colors may change depending on what group you are running with, as well as the number of groups that run. Also, just because you have been signed off with one group at one track, you will not necessarily be signed off at another track or with another group.

Normal PCA events run all run groups separately (except red, the instructors can go out on track when ever). I guess if for example no one in blue showed up they obviously wouldn’t have a blue run group but that is far from the norm.

The groups go green yellow blue white black red. There is no variance from region to region.

In my region if you get singed off you can run any event at any track that my region puts on in your new run group. Other regions may want you to get checked out before advancing you.

I think you should change the whole color thing and just spell out groups (i.e. Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, etc), it would be less confusing for those who don’t do PCA events.

yeah i didnt know what that meant

im just still in awe that someone who im guessing is around my age (23) is named luke perry. either your parents have a really good sense of humor or they were living under a rock in the early 90’s

i have a friend who’s name is Michael Jackson.

done!

I did your survey you spamming whore.

I’m pretty sure i was born before he really started his career

I’ve run with 3 different PCA regions, 2 BMW regions, and 3 other track groups. They have all had similar, but different “coloring” conventions for their groups. I’ve been at events with 3 run groups, and others with 4. How many events have you done or organized?

Let me know what region you are with, I want to make sure I am not on the same track as you. There is no reason to sign someone off at Watkins Glen, and assume they know Lime Rock or Mosport well enough to solo there if they have never driven the track. There is also a different between your first solo and knowing wtf you are doing.