replacing e-brake cable?

How do I replace the e-brake cable in the car? From my understanding, the cable comes in 2 section, front and back… i seem to have snapped the front portion from the hand brake to the the “y splitter” portion of the e-brake.

I’ll be buying the FSM for the car sooner or later, but for now, I’m trying to keep costs down to an ultimate minimum.

i downloaded the fsm, as did many others. i dug up the s14 fsm on emule. that should help out with your costs. :wink: this is where you ask people to be so kind as to link you to an s13 or s14 fsm, depending on which you’re packing. if nobody helps you out, let me know and i’ll hook you up.

I’ve done it recently. it’s not too hard a job really, but ot’s best to emove the entire ebrake assembly so you can clean it up and stuff as it’s most likely rusted to boink. then you just re run the cables, bolt the little holder back in, and hook it up to the brake, go form the handle to the brake not the other way around. It should onlt take about 2 hours tops to rplace both bables and clean up the rust.

ya its not to hard, i did it last year. have you bought the cables yet? They are damn expensive from the dealership.

If you don’t have cables I can get high quality cables for around $75 for the pair. they’re stainless steel and significatnly better than the crappy tire versions.

the dealership wants around $135 for the pair I believe…

let me know

if someone can hook me up with the FSM, that’d be spectacular!

Scribbles… the ebrake cable i need is a single cable, i think… the portion that goes from the handbrake to the y splitter.

If someone can link me to an electronic copy of the FSM, i’d be good to go from there :slight_smile:

FSM

http://www.zeroyon.com/index/content/view/24/47/

yeah that’s going to be an oem replacement part I think… talk to toronto240sx he’s got a hookup with a dealership.

don’t know if i’m blind… but nothing there shows how to change the e-brake cable.

download the ENTIRE fsm. uncompress the zip, open the pdf or whatever type of file it is, search for the how-to in there.

FSM Thread