snapped e-brake cable

so im under my 240 today and to my surprise i see that the e brake cable is snapped.

easy fix?

where should i start?

how bad is this?

never snapped n ebrake cable before.

this is all foreign to me.

:smiley:

Before or after the juncture? Each rear side is $120 iirc from Nissan… that’ll be your only option. Not sure how much the front section costs.

after the juncture

and are yiou talking about my other post for the rear frame peices (120 dollars)

I’m trying to remove mine now, they’re a pain to get out of that junction, otherwise not bad so far. If you want my old ones shoot me an offer, I live in toronto.

Yeah, they are a pain. I torched mine so much that the beads melted off and are stuck to the garage floor. They sure did come off easily after that :slight_smile:

And no, I’m not talking about the frame rails (why would I be?). I’m talking about each side of the e-brake cable… $120.

Give me call tomorrow 905-270-3166

I ordered mine last summer for my 240 from speedy brake and clutch (right next door to mssc) and I believe I paid under $80 for both rear lines, they were stainless cable with full lining type stuff… yeah MUCH better than oem.

laters :slight_smile:

they were $56 each from CT around here…

the Crappy tire ones SUCK trust me

i don’t thin canadian tire sells them anymore because when i went they didn’t even have them in the system let alone have them on stock, the guys there didnt’ even no wat i was talking about, they kept going back to brake cables or ebrake.

The ends are made to be torched out. Thats why it’s a soft metal. Thats the way we do them at work. Just don’t use to much heat and melt the bracket on the front cable but that also no hard to change. If you need to. I replaced all of mine both rear and front 3 weeks ago. Took about 45min that includes removal etc.

thans for all the replys guys

will be on contact with some of you when im ready to grab the line.

waiting for my budd to get a day off so we can throw it together.

my ebrake cable snapped too, its the first line from the handle…anybody have one? or any idea of the price?

Pull the handle out, and drill out the rivit and remove the cable. Put in the new one and just press the pin and thats what hols it alone with the nut. I got the front cable for like $35 new, I’m guessing it would proberly be like $50-60 for you.

for me probably the same the price

Unless you work for nissan, no. My cost on parts is cost + 10% and no I will not get parts for anyone. I paid $65 a side for the rear cables. Have fun paying almost double.

wheres the love?

well i work at a garage, and dealer prices are really high anyways, therefor cost+aftermarket=cheaper than dealer