reporting time warner downed lines?

Hey guys.

We got power back here in west seneca, but my time warner internet is still down.

We have lines hanging in the driveway.

#1, i heard on the news that they will be offering credits for service outages.

This is fine and dandy or whatever.

I called the number on the webpage 18666686044, and it gave me some automated bullshit about the storm, then it asked me “do you want our automated system to call you back when service is restored?”

I told it yes.

So whats the deal, are they inspecting cable at everyones house? How are they going to know I have downed lines here?

i deffinitely can’t figure it out, i can’t even get it to speak to a person on the phone.

I might just take a cruise down to indian church road, its like two blocks from my apartment.

just hit 0 during the recording and try to get through to a human…it usually works for other automated systems

I havent even bothered with that yet considering no power, and a huge branch laying over the line…and I think it ripped the line from both the side of my house and the wires running behind it

I called yesterday, 866-668-6044 (heard that number on the radio) and just followed the prompts. Entered my phone number, that I was calling about cable, that I had a problem, and I got a rep within a couple minutes. I told her that my service was working but that the wire was on the ground running across my back yard. She said they’d send someone out to reconnect it to my house but it might be a while, which is I said was no problem.

You guys sound like those 80 year old hags calling in to WGR bitching about not being able to use an automated phone system. :lol:

mine came back on sunday afternoon, but my friend down the street works for time warner so he hooked me up no prob

1-888-683-1000 Tell them you have lines down, its not a regular service outage the automated line sin’t going to dispatch a technician for you. Make it sound urgent like kids are trying to chew on it or some shit. They will put you on the list.

my coworker has down lines and they told him it will be till NOV 4th till some1 comes out

i heard from my GF that they wont have internet for a month

Wow, about the time they told me my service wouldn’t be back for a month is when I’d climb up the pole and re-connect it myself.

my internet line was ripped off the house but not disconnected as was my neighbor downstairs. We all talked an decided to wait until the rush of calls kinda slowed down. Or do you think we would be better off callin it in now ?

I’ll fix it for $20.

Ill talk to my neighbors an get back to you on that one.

they know when you are back up because modem will link up with thier network so they will know

lol so I get home yesterday and my dad said he called, they told him they would be out tomorrow (today) to fix it…SUCKERS!

still rough since I dont have power still, but I think my street is goign to today

yea this is really shitty…i still dont have internet and i think it’s cus of the line in my backyard too. i need it to do homework. i called the other day and the guy didnt know when they’d show up at my house. i need this ish fixed

I can fix your down cable lines and get you back up and running, but only if it is working on the rest of your street. I can fix your house not the whole street. $50 will do.

They put mine back up today, and when I called I told them my service was working and just the line was down off the house.

yea they fixed mine today too, but the server is still down so still no internet 4 me