Time Warner Storm Credit

so i get my bill today from time warner and i was expecting a small bill due to the storm from last month. i was without internet for about a month. i got credited a measly $2.36. thanks time warner. u guys rock!! /sarcasm. how about u guys?

Fuck that Dish TV FTW :smash2:

i dont even want to look…:tdown:

I’m calling Monday to fix my bill.

i use time warner for internet bud.

http://www.theamherstrecord.com/storm2006/local_story_297142047.html

STORM 2006: Time Warner Cable plans to credit customers

Credit applies to customers affected by downed cable lines

By Phil Dzikiy
TheAmherstRecord.com

Local Time Warner Cable customers who missed their favorite television shows due to downed cable lines will still be getting their money’s worth.

Time Warner Cable will be offering credits for each day of lost service, said Steve Jaworowski, Time Warner Cable’s area vice president of marketing communications. The credits will range from $1.13 to $3.84 per day, depending on the customer’s service level.

However, if a customer’s power was out, the customer will not receive refunds for that time, Jaworowski said. Only customers who had power and were still without cable will receive refunds, he said.

“If the power’s out, it’s out of our control,” Jaworowski said.

Most customers without cable have been reasonable when calling Time Warner, Jaworowski said.

“I think most people understand,” he said. “I think the calls we’re getting are helpful calls.”

About 45,000 cable customers in the area had their service interrupted by damaged power cable lines.

Downed cable lines were just another obstacle to deal with during the cleanup process, City of Tonawanda Superintendent of Public Works Neal Myers said.

“We were closing down streets for something that wasn’t a necessity,” Myers said.

All downed wires were a problem, but the city fire department was cutting through cable lines in some instances, Myers said.

“You can’t cut phone or power lines,” he said. “We had to get vehicles through.”

Customers will not have to call to receive their credits, which will be automatic.

Also, Time Warner will be offering two free weeks of premium programming to all area customers for having patience with the storm’s effects, Jaworowski said. The free weeks of programming will be offered in November.

The company is still negotiating which channels will be offered for free, Jaworowski said.

i was with power, but no internet for at least 2 weeks. so i shouldve expected more than the 2 day credit i got.

i was without power for 1week. I guess im fucked.

i was without power for 9 days but i ran my house off a generator and i know we were with out cable for like 7 days i got little kids so it was kinda nice not seeing sponge bob for a few days LOL

3 days down for me but i have a 0.00 bill

free internet & cable > paying for twc services

see i dont get that. they arnt going to credit anyone who didnt have cable as a result of power loss? what did they expect? the thousands of residents without power to call up and cancel the service for the week they were without power? alot of them probably didnt even have phone service to do that with.

AND EARTH TO Steve Jaworowski…if the power’s out…its out of your customers control too.

probably because technically the service wasnt down…if it was available but the power was out then theoretically speaking, their service was available but customers just didnt have access to it.

so saying if they had power and no cable, then they can credit it.

proly take it up with the electric company and bitch.

Yeah I dont know how it worked for us yet…we ran the house off generators, but didn’t have power for a full week, no cable for almost 3…oh well the sooner FiOS is available the sooner we are gone from TW

^^^ are we getting fios up here? cuz if so that would rock.

eventually, supposedly it is in the N tonawanda area…

i guess the point im trying to make is…it was an act of God, noone had control over it. there is a symbiotic relationship between cable and power, none of time warner’s equipment will operate without power. so reguardless of whether the signal was still running through their lines, the cable boxes and modems were useless without power. and basically time warner is saying…eventhough the cable broadcast couldnt possibly be used for what the customer is paying for, sinse its still broadcasting, the customer is responsible for its cost. that would be like calling a pizza place, asking for delivery, and them telling you their driver is not working today. but since they still have the ability to make pizzas you have to pay for it. i understand the wording in the contract everyone signed probably supports their stand but to me its just outright bullshit to ask thousands of customers to take it in the ass at the expense of nature. this is why monopolies should not exist.

regardless of monoply or not. at least they are reimbursing somewhat, i bet if it was a local small company there wouldnt be any reimbursement due to them not wanting to lose revenue.

anywho. i do see what your saying though and does sound shitty.

…and on to the even bigger evil known as Verizon…

and then you will have a faster connection that has just as many issues, but hey its faster. haha

and cheaper…

whats the going rate on the internet right now from twc? i dont know cuz my first bill it was only 9.99 and since then its free for being employee, but i always thought the internet itself if bundled with the rest was rather cheap?

First off he’s right my power was spotty for a few days and my shit still worked. I Just didnt have internet which we have from them for a few reasons. Yeah an if anyone works for time warner come re attach my lines to my house i dont feel like calling again