Time Warner Rant

I started my cable service with time Warner in October of this year (moved to a loft in downtown buffalo) when you first sign up with time Warner you have to pay ahead for the first month, and then are continually paying ahead for services (this is all well and good) here in lies the problem. 12/10 my promotional rate ended with time Warner. Last month (December 14th statement) i received a bill for 91.08, when i called to make the payment over the phone i was informed that my account balance was ZERO (by both the automated computer, and a live person) The live person informed me that i should just wait for my next bill to come in the mail to settle any charges (Because of the promotional change she informed me that there would be adjustments to my bill and that was the reason for the zero balance) So i am expecting a 160 dollar bill for services for January plus a carry over of 91 dollars for my next bill for a total of somewhere under 300 dollars including taxes etc. I received the bill yesterday for $402. When looking at the bill, it appears as if i was double charged for the month of December, The bill shows the carry over balance of 91.08, and the current charges indicate 271 for the January statement, plus taxes and a 25.00 trip charge (for installation of a cable card device, which i was aware of) I have had 4 individuals here in my office look at the two bills (including a senior director) and they all came to the conclusion that i was double charged. A call to time Warner was fruitless, the supervisor that i talked to indicated that this was business as usual and said that the computer was not wrong. She tried explaining everything to me countless times, but always came to the conclusion that i was being charged correct.

www.DirecTV.com ditch Time Warner.

Cant wait to get FIOS

yep, fios is being run on main near my apt… im hopin it makes the jump, my rents and me are both going to direct tv tommorow

i am pissed. I want direct TV but my fiance watches courtTV all the time and they dropped it…i am still trying to get her to switch nad just watch less Tv

Well my GOD! If a “Senior Director” looked at it and says it’s wrong, it must be! Did you tell them that a “Senior Director” verified it ? That didn’t sway them ?

What is this world coming to ?

lol…I just find your faith in a Senior Director to be hilarious…

Carry on…

Satellite>*

:word:

lol

ralph, that avitar is priceless

Meh, Ralph off! lol

i shoulda said that he has an accounting degree… which is why i had him take a look @ the bill to verify nobody else missed something… carry on…

WRONG. DirecTV still has Court TV, has always had Court TV and is not losing Court TV. That is Dish Network They had it, lost it, and don’t care to get it back. Just wanted to clear that up so I don’t get a shit ton of PM’s asking about it.

for those who have sattelite what do you do for internet and what does your performance and cost figures compare to having cable? do you use the sat service or have you gone dsl?

we switched from adelphia digi cable and internet to direct tv and time warner high speed. we pay like 35 bucks less per month. we also switched our phone from at&t to vonage, we saved 50 a month there.

I use DSL and have no problem. They are constantly running promos for $19.99 or even less for a year. As soon as FIOS is around me i’ll switch to their internet but DSL is fine right now.

The main Sat internet is WildBlue but they aren’t installing anyone new in NY until around March when the satellite they just launched is fully operational. Sat internet is pretty expensive and mostly only installed in the hicks where it’s the only option.

lol…

Senior management is often far more clueless than the people who actually do the work, accounting degree or not, and especially when it comes to dealing with detail.

Anyway, its not just the local car forum community that is pissed about Time Warner. Their sucking made the Buffalo news today:

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20070117/1020922.asp

lol

ok on top of all this has anyone noticed the quality of such things as the on demand stuff going way the fuck down hill?

yes… on demand content has been sucking, not sure if that is Time Warners fault or not, but often times I need to ‘play’ on demand stuff 3-5 times before it actually works.

I wish Dish Network had on demand. Soon they are going to have DishOnline where you can hook your receiver up to your internet and download programs and movies but i dont have too much info on that yet. It will be like AT&T’s homezone if anyone is familiar with that.