Reprograming for LT1?

i was wondering if theres some sort of programming out for a LT1 or would it be a performance chip??im not sure.so if theres ne thing out there let me no.
thanks

Chips ended in f-bodies in 92, so you need programming. To do it your self, you need a laptop, software, and a cable. Software can be free (Tunerpro), or bought (LT1 Edit, Tunercat, etc.). Need definition file (EE, also free). Better read and learn a lot before going this route. I can give you a copy of the factory tune and the EE definition file. You can download Tunerpro, just google Tunerpro.

Can buy a “mail order” tune. Look up madz28, or pcmforless. Both are pretty well known for LT1 tunes. I had a madz28 tune in my 94 ta, was pretty good.

Take the car to a tuner with a dyno (dyno tune). Best route, but most expensive. make sure they are using a wide band o2.

ur a 95 right ?

talk to pewter on here

i think he uses Ed Wright

Im a 94 formula.ight thanks guys.

Ive done some research, need to retune mine, but dont want to screw it up. Theres tons of files out there that other have from their car, tons of combos, find one close and go from there. Ive been waiting til I install headers before going any further. Mines a 94 also, so you figure it out and you can do mine then lol!

Lol i wouldnt do it till middle of the summer.im broke.my exhaust is still on my credit card.so im not doing ne thing else 2 the car till that gets paid off and i have money back in the bank.

you are obd I so it’s going to be real easy. Just buy an aldl cable ($60) or make your own (~20). get teh flash version of tunercat (i think that’s about ~20) and find a definition file online… and you will have limitless tuning abilities.

Does this work for others too, or just the LT1?

i know it works for obd I lt’1s… I don’t know about other engines… which one are you inquiring about?

Don’t laugh, but a chevy 3.4 in a 4 gen camaro, 1993…

not going to laugh… ok maybe i am… lol…

but any hoo… I am not positive if the software will load those particular definition files… I don’t have my laptop so I can’t check… but anyways… you won’t be able to find a free definition file online because there isn’t a big market for 3.4L engines. Your best bet would be going to pcmforless.com and talking with bryan or alvin there.

TunerPro FTW

I mean, it’s free!

If you have a laptop just pickup an ALDL cable, download TunerPro, and do a lot of reading…

ditto tunerpro ftw… i use the rt version

Yep, TunerPro RT, and an aldl cable is the best way to go. LOTS of reading.

Read this: http://www.thirdgen.org/promintro it’s one of the best descrpitions of how to jump into “tuning”. Please note that it is related to 3rd gens, so you do not need all of the “prom burning” crap. Start at the section labeled “Modifying the BIN”, thats the stuff you need to know.