Republicans doing damage control

Like when Kennedy got pulled over?

Now normally I wouldn’t care and I would just LOL, but the fact that these boys were 16 makes it public business…you know like when people have to register as a sex offender.

I think the reason this is getting so much press is that reports seem to show that the boy(s) being chatted with were not “welcoming” of his advances.

A lot of people are going to compare this to the 82/83 scandal, which is bizzarre in it’s own right…In fact, that was the reason the age dropped to 16 :lol:

Now hopefully they can’t replace his name on the ballot and this becomes a “free” seat

Little history for all:

1983 Congressional page sex scandal was a political scandal in the United States involving members of the United States House of Representatives.

On July 14, 1983 the House Ethics Committee concluded that Rep. Dan Crane (R-Ill.) and Rep. Gerry Studds (D-Mass.) had engaged in sexual relationships with minors, specifically 17-year-old congressional pages. In Crane’s case, it was a 1980 relationship with a female page and in Studds’s case, it was a 1973 relationship with a male page. Both representatives immediately pleaded guilty to the charges and the committee decided to simply reprimand the two.

However, Rep. Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) demanded their expulsion. On July 20, 1983 the House voted for censure, the first time that censure had been imposed for sexual misconduct. Crane, who tearfully apologized for his transgression, lost his bid for reelection in 1984. Studds, however, refused to apologize and even turned his back and ignored the censure being read to him. He called a press conference with the former page, in which both stated that they were consenting adults at the time of the relationship (the page was 17 at the time) and that it was therefore not the business of others to censure them for their private ephebophilic relationship, and he continued to be reelected until his retirement in 1996.[1]