Residential Metal Roofing: Looking for someone local!

Long story short, me and my fiance just pulled the trigger on a house that is across the street and 4 lots over from where we currently live. Our current situation is rent to own. We do not intend to move to this new house. My sole idea of buying this new house is to use it as a rental property.

It went cheap and it was a cash deal. The roof needs a complete tear off, the few estimates I did get all state there is cedar shingles on the main roof (it is 3 levels) and were in the 9-10k range.

I’m wondering if anyone out there has dealt with residential metal roofing? I feel it would look a lot better and ultimately be cheaper?

I am also looking for an electrician to come and do a complete update, just about every room has one outlet (or less lol) and extension cords up the ass.

I’ll be posting pictures later this evening!

Wish me luck!

I may be able to help in multiple areas.

There are two types of metal roofing. The most prevalent is “barn panel” which has a low profile and exposed fasteners. The other is standing seam which has fasteners concealed beneath the joints where each panel locks together (see my current projects post on the commercial renovation). Standing seam costs more, but no rubber washered exposed fasteners to leak. Also pay attention to the finish quality and warranty. The coating is what will wear and will determine how long that roof may last.

Your roof may be the most important part if your home so keep that in mind. Tearoff sounds like a big job but you want to do this and the Cedar doesn’t help matters. I can put you in touch with some contacts if you want. Let me know. Thanks.

Only do metal roofing if you are doing standing seam. Exposed fastener is going to leak. Most garbage contractors will use a thin gauge wall panel and call it a roof panel. This Does Not work for very long as the expansion contraction of the metal panels will result in gaps.

You have a PM 1QIKZ. I’m looking to get estemates and have work done within the month.

built a large barn with 15,000 exposed fasteners and 5 years later not one drip. if you do it right it will last.

AKA, 15,000 possible leak points.

5 years without a leak isn’t something I’d be bragging about if I put on a new roof. Report back in 10 and 15.

will do :tup:

Ding ding ding…just wait for the uv to break down those neoprene washers

Since were on the roofing topic , does anyone have a good contact or two for traditional roofing? I need 2 layers removed,ceder shingles removed, 1/2" plywood put down and new shingles (im thinking the “ceirtainteed” brand)

I have two estimates already for around $16k for the complete job (its a big 4 unit older house) and another $1500 for the two car garage

anyone have suggestions? I will be pulling the trigger within a month

I can possibly do the electrical. Are you talking update as in swapping out receptacles and adding ones in, or is it meter, panel, grounding work as well?? Just trying to get a feel on the time.