retail blows

so yea, circuit city managed to fuck us over again with our december “bonus” that we’re supposed to get. basically how it works is the more cars u do, the more “points” you get, the more "bonus’ you receive. it also goes by the amount of hours you work in that month. (for example, someone getting 10 points per hour, working 90 hours…would get more “bonus” than someone getting 10 points per hour, working 80 hours). so all of december, i worked my ass off, working 55 hr weeks plus staying late, constantly doing cars. i did this knowing that last year we received a very decent amount of money, so in my mind it was worth it.

fast forward to yesterday, when our “bonus” check came in, with our regular paycheck. well IRONICALLY two weeks a go, they started cutting hours. only to RAISE them again back to normal starting next week. my check was for 61 hours. pretty good you say, except one thing. we get paid BIweekly, and i’m fulltime. so yea, that means 30.5 hrs per week. by cutting their hours, the “bonus” that was included in these checks basically works out to a normal check, maybe save $50 more after taxes. when i checked my online statement to see how much i had deposited into my account (direct deposit) i coulda swore they forgot to add our bonus into the check. its like a normal fucking check :mad: not to mention, they put hour bonus into a tax field that was taxed 62%!

i know i shouldn’t be suprised, but you’d like to think that they would be better than that :bloated: what a crock of shit, to work your ass off and get basically nothing in return. thank you circuit city bigwigs. you all can go fuck yourselves :2fingers:

go punch someone in the throat … thats fucking bullshit that they cut hours to avoid paying bonus

yes- that sux. is there anything that can be said besides that sux?

aww man thats total BS

if it was me, i would ask my boss why this year i should bother to work any harder then “average” knowing that for next christmas im just going to get fucked again

for all the extra effort you put in, you made them plenty of money, and they felt no need to cut you in on the $ … and thats bullshit

better beleive i won’t ever be staying late or going out my way to do somthing anymore.

stick one of these on the store: :bsflag:

roffle

people wonder why i left circuit

hahahah. wow that blows. corperate america can suck it.

at my job i know the owners. i like them. they like me. there have been a few times i have been short on cash to pay car insurance or a cell phone bill and she loaned me money until the end of the week. i wonder if they do that at circut city…

i truly feel sorry for people who have to work shitty jobs like that… no one fucking cares about you, your just a number. i have worked jobs like that and it was fucking miserable… if i ever leave the place i work at right now, it will be to open up a resturant of my own.

Yeah i just left my terrible fucking job where i was a number
went to working for my dad which is a million times better than corporate shit just lacks consitancey

i am one of 15 employees. my boss works side by side with me.

never again will i work for a big corporation.

^word.

well, not that i ever did work for a big company

for christmas I got a $100 gift cert, and the boss is taking me to Vermont this week.

its not all bad

Your thread title is the general rule.

Some places just suck more than others.

its sweet delivering pizza huh

i like the idea the place i applied at …

bonus is a monthly thing
either the entire shop hits bonus or noone hits bonus
bonus is paid as additional dollars / hour for every hour you worked that month

if they have a 10 projects completed in the month, and each is rated as 800 man hours, and each took 750 man hours to actualy do, they cut you an extra check for
x dollars per each our you worked that month …

i think he said on the good months, they basicly wind up cutting you an extra weeks paycheck …

yes it is. i make about $450 a week, almost all tax free. i’m learning how to run a business successfully, and i actually enjoy going into work everyday. give me a few more years of experence in the resturaunt business, and you will see a restaurant owned by me and a friend in <5 years. my parents ran a successful resturaunt for 20+ years, and my father has told me on numerous occasions he is more than willing to help me get on my feet.

how much do you like going into work everyday? my brother fucking hated working at jim ball…

I just left my job at American Pharmaceuticals and yeah, corporations like that are terrible. I had a supervisor who had a manager who had a manager who had…ect. ect. The place was absolute bullshit. We got lottery tickets for our “christmas bonus” and thats only because my supervisor was pretty cool. The people I worked with and myself got more work done than any other line around us. But the manager found out how many breaks we took so all we were allowed to take was 1 15 minute and 1 30 minute break in a 12.5 hour day. Talk about motherfucking bullshit.

Anyways, I left that place and I work for myself now. Noone to tell me when I can or cant take breaks, noone to be looking over my back watching my every move, none of that shit.

YOU make $450 a week delivering pizzas???

thats pretty good

i work 5 days a week (mon, wed, fri sat sun) friday and sunday i work doubles. usually works out to a little under 40 hrs/week. best part is? earliest i have to get up is 11 am. and thats only 1 day a week. the rest i dont have to be in until 3 or 4. and i’m out every friday night before 8 pm. I <3 my job. and i never have to go grocery shopping. free chicken finger subs ftw.

im pretty sure that legaly your allowed more then that

anything over a certian # of hours (10 i think) and your supposed to get an hour lunch

and something like 10 min of break time for every 5 hours worked … i forget the details tho …