Reveal of the next gen Corvette streaming live starting at 7:00 p.m. ET

I wonder if they will keep the LS7 and LS9 and bump up the horsepower or go with some variant of the LT in the base model? I’d like to see the ZR1 get another 100HP just because.

The Camaro is supposed to have the 427 as an option this year :slight_smile:

This video shows the lines of the car better than any picture:

(ignore the suit dummy commentary)

Looks sexy.

source?

it was on some C&D video where they interviewed the chief engineer. search youtube

your gonna see the prices of the c6’s drop way down when this hits the market…

and Nick, the c6 z06 weighs in around 3300lbs and puts down around 420-440rwhp stock and run 125-128 stock.

so this car at 3000lbs, putting down 390-420rwhp stock (which is likely cause gm underrates their power big time) she should be in the low 120’s if I had to guess.

It’s not 3000lbs. Add a good 400 to that…

Still will rip tho

where are you getting the weight numbers from?

in the video they said its the lightest vette they have created in the last 30 years…the c5 z06/frc was 3100lbs.

They tell u in the video with the chief engineer. Its 99lbs lighter than the c6

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUrtMZ20rFk[/ame]

Id consider buying one if i was in the position to spend $55,000 on a new car. Same price area as the GT500, and new srt charger/challenger.

Dodge has said this summer the supercharged 6.2 making over 600HP is coming so we’ll see what they actually do.

That 11:5:1 is going to get tricky for boosting these though.

I still think I’d rather buy a used C6 Z if I were to spend that much money on a toy. With that said, it makes me wonder what the reseale will be on one of these in 3 years…

hard to say. Its a complete new design. Not to mention direct injection. Direct injection can handle alot more compression efficiently.

new motor design + new chassis design + new 7 speed trans…who knows how fast this thing will be.

prob as fast as a 15 yr old honda civic with an engine swap

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrwBHi_bW2M[/ame]

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TpOehEGz2s[/ame]

The specs are @ 1:12 of the above video, according to C&D…

Now we just need to wait for the poor man’s vette to lose its weight for gen VI and Chevy will be all set

Finally. That LS7 has only been in the C6 Z06, I was wondering when they’d put it in something else.

Theyre prob only doing it bc theres nowhere to put the leftover ones from the c6 :rofl

#inventoryproblems

No Nurburgring laptimes no care.