Review: Molinaro's Pizzeria in Tonawanda

Cliffs: Go to Rocky’s.

So there’s a pizza place that opened within the last month or two at the corner of Parkhurst and Sheridan. Which excites me because I live about 6 houses from there. 3 minute walk. There used to be a pizza place there like 6 months ago but it went out of business, so if this place is trying the same thing in the same spot it must have some pretty good food if it thinks it can make it work right?

Nope.

Wifey and I split “mini taco’s”, a steak salad, and a fish fry.

The mini taco’s were chip sized tortilla’s stuffed with beans and deep fried. Served with sour cream and salsa. Meh. Nothing special. The salsa wasn’t even that great. Certainly not worth the 8 bucks.

The Rockafeller steak salad was also meh. The steak was pretty fatty. The roasted red peppers were more slimy than roasted.

The fish fry was mediocre. Nothing special. Fries were the same. But here’s the kicker. The cole slaw looked spoiled, sort of yellow and greasy looking. Smelled funky, again likes it’s spoiled. So yeah, probably spoiled. Threw it away without tasting it.

So yeah, mini tacos, steak salad, and fish fry. Ranged from mediocre to unfit for consumption. For $28? No thanks.

The pizzas to be sold by the slice didn’t look too good either, not even under a heat lamp? :gotme:

Overall: :tdown: :tdown:

Too bad because it’s so convenient, but judging by tonight the place will not be in business long.

I’ll be trying Rocky’s next. Should have done that tonight, but this place was within walking distance and some broad my wife works with said this place was good. :bloated:

Rocky’s FTW :slight_smile:

i have been wondering about that place… i drive by it occasionally.

big johns on the blvd, and parkhurst gets most of our money.
($6.99 for a large pizza right now)

edit: we also go to kenmore family restaraunt occasionally.
note: if you go there, use the ladies room, its 1000% better than the mens.

all this rockys FTW, not putting down him but hes on grand island. im pretty sure most of us live in buffalo or rochester.

DeMarcos Pizza is here in buffalo and hes on the board as toadsi. His pizza is really good.

they have good food as well :slight_smile:
its the one near englewood/kenmore ave right?

Another really good one in the KenTon area is Gino’s on Fries/Brighton. Really good pizza and wings.
http://www.ginospizzaplace.com/

Make sure you’ve got the volume on. The animated guy on the website actually works there, and it’s a striking likeness. :stuck_out_tongue:

the then GF used to bring me lunch on the school bus nearly every day from there.
we went to harkness.

casa di pizza is my place of choice.

no hes in Orchard Park, NY on Abbott rd.

im starting to like yings pizza on french. 550 for a large on sundays

give Franco’s a call. they are at Bailey & Eggert. They are decent -to- good overall. Big large pie for average price, wings leave something to be desired. Lots of other options on the menu too, most are very good (for a pizzeria).

Also, you are ~10 minutes away from Bocci’s & Leonardi’s… DO IT.

You’re brave. The food I’ve had at Yings has varied from bad food to mild food poisoning.

I eat the wings and pizza logs there too and nothing but good food, which yings are you talking about.

yings food is generally terrible

I’m talking about Tonawanda, not the one on French. Maybe yours has better food? :gotme:

Umm, i’m sure other boston/hamburg people will agree… Brunners Pizza is the best around…

Gino’s > *.pizzaintonawanda

MAYBE La Hacienda Brighton once in awhile, but Gino’s is the best.

molinaros in lockport is great!! the sweet sauce is amazing

i’ll stick with bob and johns as my favorite pizza around. And not just because i’m biased, but it is actually good.

LMAO WHO DO YOU THINK GAVE THEM THE RECIPE!!!.When I sold my pizzeria in Lkpt I went down in their basement with Mikey and his Dad and showed them how I made mine.As far as I know, a cpl years later they were still using it and would assume they still are.If someone wants to make some $$$$$$ and has some money,I’ll sell you my recipes and take it to florida.You will make a fortune.
D