Rim Need Repair Asap

Guys some info quick… I need asap. I just bent my 2 of my rims on a curb, It’s losing air, the lip got raised out in both cases. Is there a way i can fix this, I don’t care about cosmetics, I don’t care about these rims. I just need them to be drivable by tomorrow hopefully. I hit it with a hammer a few times and noticed its not doing shit. there aluminum rims. What shop do you guys know that will do this for cheap like I said I don’t want it to look good just bent back to hold air thats it. I need this ASAP… sledge hammer with some duct tape maybe? I know it sounds dumb please, I don’t have time for flaming.I need useful info. I would have posted this in the other repair rim thread a while ago but I want it to be answered quick thanks.

this is how the rims look(there not damaged here just so u guys can see the lip)

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g160/vnovshad/100_0068.jpg

none of you guys know about this?

sorry cant really help but maybe change your request to “need to borrow 2 wheels”?

Bigger hammer. Just make sure you don’t crack them. If it’s just a temp fix, that should do it. Maybe apply a little heat? Just be careful, and I doubt they’ll be very usable after this…

How much for those lug nut covers!? I need two that i can make fit on my works.

What? 1000 dollars a piece if you really want them… I’m trying to fix the rim what kind of post are u making?

“fixing” with a hammer… obviously you don’t really care

Lol if he’s gonna sell them for that much, he’ll just get a set of new rims =P

uhhh Ok I dont care about the rim but unfortunately my car need rims to drive on… and since this is the case, I cannot sell them, or the cap, when i say i dont care about the rim as in im not losing sleep over this bent rim but i still care about its workability. shit… all these posts and only Djpyro gave something useful. How much do shops charge to get this fixed? nothing repainted or anything just bent back into shape

If its 2 or three peice you could try to find a new outer lip? very doubtfull and if you do find one it will cost a lot. A bent rim thats leaking is really bad…and in the case that those 2 that were hit arnt worth repairing and you cant sell the pair of wheels id like to buy the caps.

Rwr wheel refinishing . 100 bucks per wheel

Yea i just called these guys and they quoted me for 125+ a rim… its a bit more than i’d like to pay to just bend it back without finishing. thanks… any other shops?

l to all you haters and non believers even the shop… that laughed n told me u cant fix rims…quote " You cant just use a hammer to hammer it back…hahahaha" I went and bought a sledge hammer for 22 dollars a 4 pound one and beat that shit back into its original shape, It holds air like it was new, it just has rashes from the hammer but other than that it works great… I don’t think these are those hard brittle alloy rims, they look/feel more aluminumy or maybe had a higher content cuz they were softer and malleable. skywheel asked for 175 per rim to get it “fixed” actual cost for me 22.95+ tax + 3 mins of beating per rim… and don’t think it wasnt that bad, was bent more than an inch out and for the rear one u could see the inside of the tire. Anyway thanks for some of the posts.

OMGGGG u hammered those nice rims? woww…

Not bad, I’m sure they’re not trued, and I’d totally recommend getting them re-ballanced ASAP, because I’m sure they’re outta whack now. But I have a dent in one of my rims that’s a good little flat spot. You can see it quite well as the tire spins (It’s on the inside lip, I noticed when we were ballancing them at work) and it only took 1.5oz to ballance it out. We were shocked.

Yes i hammered those nice rims… I don’t get it I hate these rims why does everybody think there so nice… I havn’t met one person who doesn’t like em.

I’m definitely getting them rebalanced… no there obviously out of wack as i said they need to be drivable, Im hoping a new balance, and switching these two to the back and the other two to the front ill be drivable until I get new rims… and hey If they work decent ill use these as track rims.

you hammered them with no heat?

I had 1 Rikken hammered out, but the guy made a jig/template from wood and used heat/hammer, nad even then he made no promises…

Yep no heat… these rims looked like softer metal so i just hammered them.
I just bled the brakes since the wheels were already off, and then put the wheels back on. I got a new tire mounted cuz the old one’s sidewall was pooped. You guys won’t believe me but, after the hammering and the re-balance it works better than before… I used to have a wobble on the wheels at 120km+ when i got the car… rebalanced it… the wobble went down but it was still there… After the bending, hammering and tire/ re-balance There is no wobble at any speed. :smiley: Everyone doubted and said it couldn’t be done, My favorite was the mechanic that though he knew everything and said "You can’t just HAMMER it into place " then laughed, after I asked for quote to fix the rim. Moral of this story, don’t always be so sure of something.

edit:

Moral #2 If you can’t balance your wheel drive it into a curb then buy a sledge hammer from home depot.

lol god damn, good job man hammer them bitches back in!

shit if 2 of my wheels weren’t broken right now i’d let you borrow the 2 spare ones i have :smiley:

i don’t like them either :slight_smile:

no disrespect or anything, haha!
just not my cup of tea