messed up 18' Rim...

Hey guys!

got a question. I have a 18’ rim, That a pothole decided to kill. Theres a nice small little dent in it, and a slash on the side of the tire. I heard about shops being able to heat them up and take the dent out, Theres a place in glens falls that does it but im a broke student. ( they wanted a 100 bucks) Anyone know of any other shops, pref in or around Saratoga, Where I could call them up and price it out.

thanks.

Got a pic of the damage? But from your description 100 bucks doesn’t seem too bad of a price

EIGHTEEN FEET? GOOD GOD!!!

ahhh, piccc. Yea give me a sec. 100 aint to bad no, If theres a shop that can do it cheaper, id prob go with them, just because money is tight for me right now, I just paid rent and bills, and then this shit happens. just shitty timing.

theres always a smartass :slight_smile:

Keyword: smart.

But seriously, $100 is not bad at all for aluminum wheel repair. Are they OEM or aftermarket wheels?

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/6279/rim1p.jpg

Aftermarket. Shitty pic. And there mad dirty, did not bother to wash them when i threw them off, and put my stock 17’s back on.

i’d leave that alone, just get a tire

oh yea! kinda left this out, I fucked up one of my stock 17’s last year Driving on the FDR down in the city, Hit a mean nasty pot hole, and didnt realize the damage till i was back up in toga, guy at the shop wanted 60 for it…

same shop, now wants 100…

annoying.

kinda the reason im saying screw them

+1, rim doesnt even look horrible from the pic

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/2762/rim2j.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

one more pic just to be sure…

Thanks guy! appreciate it. Was maybe thinking the same thing, but didnt want to risk blowing out another 130dollar Tire. Ya know?

That isnt bad at all. I highly doubt it would send the balance off on the wheel/tire. I have mounted/balanced wheels that had a BEND in the lip you can see from 10 feet away, and they still balanced out perfectly fine.

Get a new tire. When they dismount the wheel/tire in the pic, have them spin the wheel on the machine without a tire. and see what the read out is. if its within about 20 grams or so… you are good to go. Just run it.

I agree. Just put a new tire on it and call it a day.

I wouldn’t spend 5 bucks on fixing those wheels. Lol I kid I kid

http://www.digyourowngrave.com/content/triumph_the_insult_comic_dog.jpg

:lol

Really doesn’t look horrible.

If it balances let it ride and save the $100 for a serious crack which will come sooner or later on these roads.

Cool!

Thats what im going to do then, and HEY! dont hate on my rims, I got them 5 years ago, I still think they look good on my car, the silver ofsets the dark grey. fuckers! :lol

Anyone know of a decent shop i can bring the rim to? I dont want to deal with some asshole who is going to argue with me about how I should have them re-shapped. I tend to have bad luck with shops.
:thumbup

I’ve had a very good experience with George at Govel’s welding on Central ave right next to 155. Great family and the guy won’t BS you.

Serious question, are these wheels worth $100 each?

Absolutely not

Are they worth a 100? lol

I have no fucking idea dude, I spent 1600 on the set of 4, plus the tires from Tirerack.com in 2005, When i bought the Car brand new. Are they the most expensive? No, They were cheap. But this was my first car EVER. Im from NY, We use car service, and subways and cabs to get around…

There not in the best shape, But they work, and still look good on my car. I dont see the purpose in dropping 4-6 k on Rims, Esp on a cheap 25,000 car. its just stupid. They need to get fixed tho, Cause I dont have the money to buy a new set, The car will be gone withen a year and a half anyway…

Upgrade in the near future:tongue

:thumbup