Rim sizes

just was wondering what the biggest size rim i could go without have to do any changes to my 240sx im thinkin about buying some 19’s but if they don’t fit i will kibosh that deal

They’ll fit, you’re just gonna have next to no sidewall is all. Personally I’d go with 17s. On a 240 19" rims look like dubs. Ie: Goofy. Not to mention the tires for those rims will be expensive as hell.

B-Wurm :smiley:

17’s on an s13, 18’s on an s14. I think bigger than that just looks wrong, of course it’s all just personal opinion.

I was looking at some 18s on an S13 and the tires were about $300 each :roll: That was the deal breaker for me

^^^What kind?..You can get cheaper than that in a 18.

Ebay is your best friend. I got some Nexen 18’s off there shipped to my door for like $600. 235 and 255, not the best tire around but they are better than the price.

ya thats what i thought i wasn’t sure if they would look good either but money isn’t the issue my buddys dad owns a major tire distributer I think its called Remington tire or sumthin but any how thanks for the tips i might have to down size to an 18 because everyone has 17’s thats why i wanted bigger but ya ill post some pics after the gravel is swept away

dont go any bigger than a 18" on a S13…and make sure u get a rim width that wont be embarrasing… i.e 18x7j all around… :oops:
but like the others have said 17"s are cheaper on rubber, and u can find quite a few used tires for 17"s these days if your torching them…

Sky, its all a personal choice of course, I just wanted to first state that. But when I had 18’s on my 240, the little rubber you could fit on made it look goofy and the wheel seemed too big for the wheel well. This is strictly S13, I have no idea on S14’s. When I stepped down to 17’s, I got more rubber and it looked better. 225/45/17 is a tight fit and has good tire/wheel ratio and with no modifications needed!

Depends on what the car is used for. If you want to roll around trying to impress then go for the biggest lamest wheels you can find. If you want to look like you are the proud owner of a covered wagon go for 19s.

If you actually care about performance stick with the 17s

Man dont put huge friggin wheels on your car!!! Its not a gangster mobile! Buy an SUV if ur into the big wheel scene. If you want an amazing car to rip around in and take to the track, keep the 240.

Put 24" Chrom counter clockwise spinners on it. Holla at cha boy!

No, seriously don’t. 17’s are the way to go. That’s what I’m doing as soon as I get my 5 lug conversion and the money for it.

does anyone have pics of 17s compared to 18s on a 240?

Another thing to take into consideration is wheel weight. I remember with 18’s, I was always having calipers leaking, you coudln’t stop nearly as fast and felt sloppy, and went down an inch and it stopped, then I put the 300zx brakes on 8) . Just another thing to think about!

i have pics of 17X9 and 18X9.5 and a 17X10. it’s been posted countless times on nicoclub.

18X9.5 FAST Octane wheels look pretty nice. even on a stock looking 240 hatch. but they only look nice. if you plan on having any performance in the future, stick to 17X9.