RIP: Boyd Coddington

he basically started the hobby, BEFORE Foose, BEFORE anyone of these new guys.

Yep. Coddington started Foose.

He was one of them. Don’t forget about George Barris. He IS the most poular hotrodding Godfather.

Justing thinking of it now, I met Barris, Coddington, Foose, and Trepanier. Wow… that’s a ton of talent.

Barris has to be in his 80’s now right?

Im too young to remember him lol

so you’re saying he died of hep A?

He was a great innovator but I just didn’t care for the way he ran his business from what I seen on tv. He seemed to care more about getting a car finished by the deadline then about his employees and thats why a good number of them quit and went to work for Foose. I would of fired that shop manager prick if I seen the way he treated the employess.

well he did something right with his business.

sometimes you have to kick employees in the ass a bit, worked well for him and its evident by his products and how long he has been around.

i am sure there was alot of add on pressure spun by the broadcast company. i also am sure they were well paid for what they did

RIP Boyd…

People that we talked to said it WASN’T acting. That is how he and his staff were. They did have heavy deadlines, partially because of the show, and partially because of bad time management. I’ve seen a ton of his cars and they were all top notch.

Kinda came across as a grump. Not very personable when we met him. And a lot of others we talked to echoed in that thought.

From SEMA 2004 - crappy pic, but it’s all I had

Funny thing is I just found some pics of Cadzilla that I took in the 90s.

wow, RIP

RIP

X…

Yeah most Att had thier own fallowing before the bought cingular.
Its all about taking over all the customers.

foose and boyd were partners at one time I think, if thats not the case then foose worked for boyd

Foose worked for boyd

Correct

So did Jesse James

I liked that show. RIP Boyd

RIP

joe, a little cover up on the 4 head next time :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha… was sweating our asses off there. I was glowing :slight_smile: