RIT 10/2 solo II event

Is anyone heading up to RIT for this event? I need more seat time with the new motor.

Also - what are the rules regarding battery tie down? They were dicks to me last time because I had an industrial zip tie holding it down (now have two of them, which is overkill).

You have more than a week to get a real battery tie down. I don’t understand why you Honda guys have such a problem with them… :gotme: They probably won’t pass you unless you have one, so save yourself the grief and get one.

Anyway, I plan to go…

I don’t have the money for the aluminum JDM Mugen tie down, and as we all know, I could use the extra 5 hp it provides (and that’s wheel hp…)

An OEM tie-down can’t be more than $10…

:lol:

wieght reduction, DUH!

it definitely is a honda thing though…

I still have completely blown suspension, and no money, so once again this year ends with a dud.

Lets see if i can make it past event two next year… :tdown:

Not if you buy it from Honda - then its $65…

I’ll see if Cory has one laying around that he can give me.

hmmm maybe… id like to go at least once in stock class this year

ill bring one with me and u can buy it off me, ive had the same prob with my hondas

what no APC tie downs

I have the Type R zipties right now, but I was thinking of getting a Spoon rachet strap for it…

ur car didnt come w/ a tie down?

This is why I always find it so hard to believe… It must be the first thing that gets thrown out with a motor swap.

Oh yeah, and first site I checked had Skunk 2 tie downs for $32…

I sure pep boys or az has them uber cheap

Bump for the last regular solo event of the season…

I might bring out Super-Beater™ for another run, depends on money/work.

Well I was supposed to be there with Yeoh as a co-driver, but I think I just blew a head gasket…however, I still may fix it by then.

HG should be easy to fix on time for you… oh wait, you have the same kind of luck I do when it comes to working on cars. Remind me to tell you about how my valve cover gasket job turned into a 2 hour ordeal today…