Road Course "Safety Nets"

To minimize problems as much as possible I’m trying to put together a small list of things to toss on the EVO…

Radiator, Thermo
SS Lines
Backup oil pressure system

any other ideas?

Fire suppression system, master cut-off switch…

I’m sure you want everything bolt on.

Pads and fluid before lines.

Backup pressure system, is pump failure common?

Fire supression is good, but for $15 and 2 holes in the floor you could have a SCCA approved extinguisher. It’s just a matter of what will burn in those 5-10 seconds it takes to get out and spray is more or less than the system. In my case it is less.

Harness bar and seat. The more comfortable you are the better (and safer) you can drive and take care of your equipment.

done.

Yeah I’m not looking to turn it into a race car…just beef up protection against mechanical failure while on the track

Get rid of the stock seats, get a decent set of sparco/recaro/kirkey’s, harness bar, 5pt’s, extinguiser on the harness bar (no need for cutoff/suppression system in a street car), pads/fluid/lines. NO accusump, either go full drysump or get a decent pan. Bigger oil cooler, oil temp gauge, oil pressure gauge. That’s about as far as I would go with a street car.

Once again…I don’t mean safety for the car

I mean safety for the motor not blowing

I happen to like my stock recaros though…and feel as good in them as I did in my non-adjustable Sparcos that I had in the teg…I do want to get a harness

I’ll look into the oil cooler…Drysump would be nice…but…I want to be able to turn the car into “Warrenty” ready as quickly as possible…

I edited.

A good set of guages. Water temp, oil temp, and oil pressure.

No sense in trying fixing a problem if you don’t know if you have one in the first place.

Yeah, I’ll def. get the oil temp and pressure…I do want the pressure tank b/c really, by the time I notice I don’t have oil pressure, the damage is prolly already done

I don’t have a problem…I just want to limit the possibility of one comming up.

Anyone know anything about track insurance?

Wouldn’t any mechanical failure be covered by warranty…

… oh wait, no, not Mitsu.

Companies will insure you for anything, for the right amount of money. But, for example, aren’t trackmaster events considered schools, and non competition. So aren’t those situations covered by normal insurance?

I have heard like 5~10% for agreed value per event for race insurance. So a $30,000 car would cost $1,500~$3,000 to cover. But that is all hear-say.

Thats how Joe rolls, first mod is a Koyo. :smiley:

I had to double-check when it came in this afternoon.

Joe it depends on your carrier. Certain ones will cover non timed events on closed courses (State Farm), others wont. A call to your insurance from a blocked number, without any names, or cars mentioned is the best way to find out.

I’m all about not blowing shit up