***ROAD HAZARD WARNING***

Anyone driving a car or bike, beware a giant pothole going from the 290 to the 90 East right before the Williamsville tolls.

It’s on the ramp from the 290 to the 90 right after the sharp left turn.

I bent a rim on the fucker last night.

You can’t see it at night until it’s too late, so take the turn slower than normal if you go that way.

Sorry to hear. Good heads up though. File a claim with NY for a replacement wheel, mount/balance of tire and alignment.
Same thing happened to me on a county road a couple years ago. Took a couple months but I was fully reimbursed by Erie County for all of the above.

Really??

I was just going to write it off. What do I have to lose? Maybe I’ll try to get NYS to take care of it.

Too bad the wheel isn’t made anymore though!

if anyone else has already reported it, they’ll cover it

Everyone please write NYS about the above pothole!! LOL!!

There used to be a sticky on UBRF on how to report it, I wonder if anyone still havs the info.

i know that pothole, been driving a slammed car for years

Sorry to hear man. In the Talon I assume?

Yeah.

Luckily, I have an extra rim. It’s scratched a little but it’s better than nothing. I 'm going to try to find the NYS info and still report it though.

Even if they give me $100 I’d be happy.

I found the site that Justin posted about.

https://www.nysdot.gov/divisions/legal-services-division/repository/SCF-FillableDC30-2April09.pdf

It says that unless someone notified them of the pothole and they had reasonable time to fix it, but didn’t your SOL.

I wonder what their definition of “reasonable time” is.

I betcha I’m fucked.

The number to call to report a pothole is 1-800-POT-HOLE

FWIW

Edit:

So I called the pothole number and the guy I spoke with was awesome. He knew right where I was talking about, so hopefully I wasn’t the first to report it. I found out it’s a Thruway maintained ramp (versus a DOT maintained).

I figured I would call and get a machine to leave the location of the pothole. I can’t believe someone actually answered on a Saturday night!!

I need to call the Thruway Authority to see if I can make a claim.

reasonable time is 6 months last i heard

good lord really? this area has no chance…

I believe the person who did the write up on the claim for this actually happened in the EXACT same spot if I remember correctly. He did get reimbursed.

From what I remember of the write-up it was about 48hrs or close to that. They have to fix it very quickly I remember the time frame being in an hour format.