Robbed by Hoffmans Carwash

SO went to hoffmans for the first time, never used the big tunnel service.

Paid for exterior only, walk out to find dude vaccuming and whatnot, was kinda pissed but thought meh whatever. Felt bad though because the inside of my car was a mess.

Fuckers emptied out a digital change jug I had in there with like 6 bucks in it, and threw out a brand new box of perfectly good tampons my wife left in my car…

Cunts

I feel like theres more shit missing but idk exactly 100% everything I had in my car

I’ve always heard of some scum working there that would vacuum up any jewelry they saw and then would go to where the vacuumed crap is and comb through it to get the jewelry.

So glad I dident have my camera bag with me and my tablet etc in the car, shit probably would have gotten jacked.

I mean I guess I should be happy, I got a full cleaning and whatnot and only paid for the 11 dollar exterior wash… but i had some shit from work/old paystubs and what not in there, and it was just a mess, I dont want someone cleaning up my mess… so I really just felt kinda bad.

but dont want dudes seeing my personal shit nor taking my 6 fucking dollars

I seriously want to buy a Pin camera and go back in a few weeks, change jug filled to the brim

never ending + rep if you do that and post it on youtube.

:skid

/\ YESSSSSSSSSSS

looking right now trying to find something that would work, something I could pin to an air vent… or something that doesnt cost 200 fucking dollars

i worked there as akid. some effed uo people there. i would go back screaming!!

is this the one near the Wilton Mall?

if so i know a half dozen people that work there, i’ll see if anyone decided to be a scumbag

go get a Gelette razor LOL

Honestly. I have thought about in car video surveillance setups for a while now. Cam facing forward, cam facing backward, and hopefully wide enough to get all or atleast most of the side of the car. Run on a 12 volt extra battery, that can run the system for a few days, without needing recharge (by the car running), that writes to a SSD hard drive.

My car, my wifes car, my brothers audi, Bowmans jetta, my friend Carleys explorer, and a few other customers and friends had their cars hit and run in the last 2 months!

My cam idea, might have caught a plate or something.

The one right near Route 146 in CP next to the red robin

Only reason I did not go back upset is I know nothing would have come of it. They would have had a staff meeting or something maybe questioned people. I would say pretty much all but 2-3 guys I saw working htere did not look shady as fuck, and even if they did I bet there all in on it.

I’ve used the Hoffmans in Colonie (across from Subaru) many times (had one of those unlimited passes last summer) and the one in Latham by Red Robin a few times.

The Colonie guys tore my driver side front floor mat to the point that that retaining hole or whatever is just shredded. Mat won’t stay in place now. I noticed it at home so couldn’t even go back and fight them on it.

The Latham one sucks on exterior cleaning. My car is still dirty after they do it up. Definitely try to avoid them.

The Colonie one usually leaves streaking on the window and stuff.

For $20, you get $20 worth of work. That’s why the real detailers charge $200.

Try not being so dirty.

or clean your own damned car.

Gotta pay to play

I got a state inspection at a hoffmans and they lifted one corner of my car with the lift pushing on my front quarter panel. It was bent and hitting the door when they gave it back. Luckily I noticed this while it was on the lift and threw a fit. After a week or two of fussing they offered up the check.

Needless to say I don’t have a lot of good things to say about them.

Its unspecialized labor, you can’t expect too much.

reason why I never bring my car there.

Hoffmans is a joke, its just a big scratch tunnel for your car.