Went to Hoffmans for a car wash, left with a fucked up bumper.

So I decided to say hell with it and go to Hoffmans for a car wash and had my rear bumper ripped off. Apparently my “mud guard” or whatever the hell it is got caught on their “trap door” that the rollers go into. I need a new piece below the taillight that holds the rear bumper in place. As well as a rear bumper if I want to put the mud guard back on. Also had some other piece come off from who knows where. Not to mention I got a nice slice in my finger while trying to get everything back together. All they did was file an incident report and said it was my fault because I have wheels on it, which doesn’t make sense…

But IMHO if they thought it would be an issue they shouldn’t have let it gone thru the wash at all. The best part about it is they were BUSY and everyone that went thru said they should pay for the damages. But all I was told is the head manager would call me Monday to meet with me and that he could get me a deal on the parts I need to fix it. Which pretty much sounds like he didn’t give a damn and that it’s my problem.

Here’s some pics.

Crease in the bumper.

Lower trim falling off.

Piece that the bumper should clip to should be there.

This piece.

Part on the bottom of the taillight is broken.

Rear bumper where the mud guard should be (clip points are broken)

The mud guard that got caught.

And the mystery piece.

C/N: Went to get a car wash, had my bumper torn off my car, and some how they said my wheels are to blame because they’re not stock. :dunno

In my experience they rarely cover damage, good luck on trying to get them to cover it!

Yeah, I know. I have the names of some higher up people that i feel I’ll have to go thru.

Why not get your insurance company involved? I work for Farm Family Insurance and we have a special investigations unit for stuff like this.

Battling this yourself will be an uphill battle. That’s why you have insurance. Get them involved and have them handle it.

I lost my antenna last year. After a little bitching they bought me a new one.

I called my insurance and they didnt seem at all helpful. I’ll be speaking with a few managers today, and I’ll try to get ahold of the president of Hoffmans and let him know what happened and see if somehow they can take care of everything. (which I doubt)

Whenever shit like that happens you gotta take pics of EVERYTHING immediately. like with your car still inside the bay and employees faces next to the car. People get nervous when their documented on camera. Unfortunately I’m sure they have some bs policies that relieve them of liability. “aftermarket parts” and “customer enters at own risk” are probably two of them.

Id like to see a pic of the whole car and see how that managed to happen

What kind of car is it. Looks like a newer WRX from the pics. Lets see a not soo close up. This does duck tho. I told my mom to watch out for those car washes.

Long-ish story. I went down to NJ 3 years ago to buy a T56 and all associated parts to swap my car. They guy was supposed to meet me at 11am and I arrived about 20 minutes early. After waiting for about 40 minutes he calls and apologizes for his tardiness and states he will be there in 10 minutes. Apparently he felt that Saturday morning would be a good opportunity to wash the family minivan. When he arrived in the new model Toyota Sienna I noticed that all the passenger side windows were smashed out. He then told me how he was arguing with the manager at the local car wash cause a wiper arm from another vehicle was stuck in the brushes and whipped the windows out of his van. I cheered him up by bringing cash so story has a happy ending I guess…

Entire car, before the wash.

It’s lowered I think you are screwed. Suck balls but that’s most likely what they will tell you

They never noted that on the report, all that was noted was the aftermarket wheels. :dunno

IDK how you thought you could get that car through the wash in the first place

Why anyone would lower something that’s designed to go off road in the first place is simply mind boggling.

Gotta pay to stunt

I don’t think it was that low. My tC was lower and the car wash was never a problem.

Subarus are meant to go off road? Or did you assume I drive a Jeep?

BTW, it’s lowered in the summer and lifted in the winter.

Unless it’s a 500whp drag queen then you shouldn’t have lowered the vehicle. At all. Not even an inch.

Either way the scenario sucks and hopefully your damages will be accounted for by someone, whether its Huffy’s or your insurance company.

shit is slammed, they are not going to cover shit… There are signs saying there not responsible for damage before you enter most washes too.

I think that you (owner) share some responsibility here for going through the car wash in the first place (don’t care about the TC). And while it is probably expecting a lot…The Hoffmans employee guiding you in probably should have recognized the possible problem with it being lowered. If you manage to get Hoffmans to give you anything at all…That would probably be a victory!