Rock Gyms in WNY?

Sup everyone,

after watching a kid fall off the rock wall at Dicks in the galleria, i thought to myself ‘damn i wanna fall off rock walls too’

i remember going to one off niagra falls blvd in n.tonawanda a couple years ago, but thats pretty out of the way for me. does anyone know of any thats close to downtown, the southtowns, or even williamsville/cheektawoga?

There are rocks everywhere. You can climb my apartment building if you want. It is condusive to climbing.

wanna do some real rock climbing the escarpment is 1/4 mile behind my house, its a 10 min walk, bout 100’ of steep loos rock slope then 30 feet of sheer cliff. use to climb it when i was a kid.

That’d be a fun rock wall to fall off of haha

josh (ecohardcore), and lee (both from hybrid) do that shit. i think josh works/used to work at the place over in tonawanda. talk to them

The only climbing gym I know of is Niagara Rock climbing (the one out in tonawanda). My buddy is really into climbing, I’ll see if he knows of any others in the clarence/amherst area.

I have been climbing for the past 6 or 7 years. The closest gym is Niagara Climbing Center at 1333 strad avenue of off Niagara Falls Blvd. As for climbing outside on the escarpment. The American side is all loose limestone and shale. I would recomend not recomend climbing on the American side. There is a reason noone does it. As for the Canadian side of the escarpment in Niagara Falls, Dont go down there with out someone who knows what there doing because you WILL get hurt and ruin access further for the local climbers. And then they will kill you. If you want any real info than pm me.