Rocker Panel idea

ok everyone, i’m going to look into have a metal shop make up some rockers for me, i mean the whole peice, front to back. I need to build a new floor and the floor raps into the rockers, and they’re rusted as well

now i’m sure we can get a better price if we get 5-10 sets made, so post if you’re interested please…i really don’t want to have to make a set myself, i have no time at the moment to get to the shop and bend them up.

i dont mean to be an arse but you can just go to an autobody shop and buy new rockerpanels and have them welded in… you can get teh rocker panels unpainted for maybe $100 each max and they will fit well. I think you can buy floor pan sections as well

i think your idea is good, but you might have better luck this way.

J

I need new rockers.

However, w/ sideskirts, you won’t be able to see the rockers anyway.

I’m interested I guess.

interested. i found a hole in my rocker :cry:

I’m interested too. Is the shop gonna be installing the rockers too? Approximately how much would this cost with the install?

I am interested in just buying the floor panels and rockers

any idea where you can get them specifically for 240s?

Where do you get the rockers for $100? And do you have any shops in the GTA that you would reccomend for this work?

Hey guys…

I may be interested in doing this if you can get enough people together.

Each of my rockers as they sit now have a hole in each so I may have to replace 1/2 - the whole rocker.

If enough people want them then I will cut out my whole section of rocker on each side and make up a real sweet replacement piece.

We’re looking around 8 people atleast thou to make it all worth while as well as being able to offer them then at a real fair price.

Where do you get the rockers for $100? And do you have any shops in the GTA that you would reccomend for this work?[/quote]

ok, body shops deal with cross canada, and i deal ith cross canada…cross canada DOES NOT MAKE ROCKER PANELS for the 240’s. available thru them, pignose bumper, fenders, and hood.

now unles they are useing some other company that i don;'t know about they have them fab’d up like i’m going to…or possibly purchase them from nissan…so findout this company name…shit for 100$ i’ll buy 5 sets

What do you guys want these made from ?

cold rolled, satin coat, galvanized ?

for $100 a set… I’ll stamp these out for people…

I’ll need more then 5 people thou so make a list if interested and I will price it all out this coming week.

hey way to jack the thread…lol, i like this guy…

but really where is the guy who wass talking about the bod shops…I"M WAITING!

I’m a metal shop able to make them… was just offering incase you had not spoke with anyone yet. had no intention to hijack the thread.

I’m a metal shop able to make them… was just offering incase you had not spoke with anyone yet. had no intention to hijack the thread.[/quote]

i know of who you are…the question is do you know me?

heh, i don’t care, as long as it saves me from building a floor, inner rocker AND outter rocker…i was thinking about the whole peice, from pinch weld to pinch weld.
and no galvanized, welding it in a garage is a bad idea. cold roll is best i think. 22ga or thicker would be nice,

i’ma have to take my rockers off anyways, so if you don;t wanna do yours at the moment give em a week and i’ll have left and rights sitting on the garage floor for you.

cheers.

ah-ha, yeah, I’m pretty sure Jeff could do’em up properly, easily enough. It sounds pretty good.

I’ve heard of you… Haven’t had the chance to see/meet you yet.

Cool… bring me yours since I wont have time for a few weeks to remove my own and I will get on it once you have a list of people wanting them…

If you can get over 5 it will probably get cheaper. and will make them from 20 gauge… 22 is a bit light but if thats what you want, then no prob.

I need a set of reckers but I want to know how much before I commit.

MIlandro@gmail.com

very interested in this as well. my rockers are starting to go. :oops:

ok please start a list of who is interested. i’ll from there go and try to get decent prices. please treat this as a group buy

so

1. lucky
    2…
    3…
    4…
    5…

and so on.

1. lucky
  2. ed
    3…
    4…
    5…