Rocky Mountain Run #2 - September Long Weekend

I hope to see ALL of you out here for this. If any of you guys in Calgary and Lethbridge would like to help out with organizing the initial meet on your end it would be greatly appreciated.

This Labour Day weekend will mark the Second Annual Rocky Mountain Run. This year we want to make the event as inclusive as possible. Any and all vehicles are welcome. Cars, bikes, trucks, new, old, restored, rusted, import, domestic, hotrods, muscle cars, mini trucks. We want to grow some new bonds in the Western Canadian automotive world and for this are being as welcoming as possible to everyone that wants to participate.

This year’s cruise will involve a little more driving in central Alberta but shorter driving days to maximize the enjoyment for all participants.

Here is the basic breakdown of the days.

Day 1 - Saturday, Sept. 3rd
The object of day 1 is to bring all of the groups together. The rallying point will be Drumheller, AB. By picking Drumheller I hope to bring many of our Saskatchewan counterparts out, as well as the large enthusiast groups we’ve seen developing in Lethbridge and Medicine Hat.

Day 2 – Sunday, Sept 4th
Day 2 will take the whole group from Drumheller west to the Rockies. We will move past Banff and Lake Louise and head north to Jasper, rallying point for day 2. Stops along the way will include Lake Louise Ski resort and the Columbia Icefields.

Day 3 – Monday, Sept 5th
The final day of the Rocky Mountain Run will see the group depart from Jasper en-route to Edmonton for a wrap up BBQ. From there the south group will continue on home down Hwy. 2 in the evening.

Accommodations in Drumheller and Jasper should be pre-booked by participants if hotels are wanted. For those that wish to camp we will be booking campsites in both Drumheller and Jasper and these should run in the area of $20-$30 per night.

Maps and itineraries will be supplied to all drivers upon arrival at the departure points for each city. We welcome drivers from all over Alberta, Saskatchewan and B.C. to participate in this family event.

More details will be posted as they become finalized. Please keep in mind that this is a car enthusiast’s cruise, all people/vehicles are welcome.

If there are any shops/companies interested in getting involved please feel free to email me so we can talk about how we can work together to make this event great fun for all involved.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please share them on this thread or email rockymountainrun@gmail.com. Attendance confirmation can also be emailed to the same address.

Thanks everyone. I hope to see everyone on September 3rd!

Matthew Haase

This sounds like a blast I hope i can make it out.

Unfortunately a combination of factors have forced me to cancel the run for this year. I want to apologize if this puts anyone out at all, but I am beginning to put the run for next year together already. It will include a trip out to the coast and through the B.C. interior, as well as a whole bunch of activities.

Once again I apologize for any inconvenience. I really wanted to make this trip work this year, but too many problems have arisen to let it happen.

Matt