Calgary Nissan Meet

Calgary Nissan Meet

On Beyond.ca, there is a topic in the events section, where a bunch of the Nissans guys want to have a meet. We should go down and meet with them. I put across the date of the 16th of May, right after the VUB (15th), only because we would already be down there, and it would make things easier for us. Seeing as how the hotels are pretty cheap for the number of people, why not? This would be just a meet with the Calgary guys, a possible BBQ, a big ass cruise, maybe to the mountains, photo shoots and such. I posted something up on Northwest Nissans, but I doubt they’ll wanna drive all this way.

Input? Dates? What do you think?

The Beyond guys are leaning towards May 8th. But we are also there on the 15th, so not sure if you boys want to go there 2 weekends in a row.

Lemme know.

Its not that far to Calgary From Edmonton. Mabey 2 hours if you drive slow.

I may be there in my S12

i will more than likely be there.
need some old school flavor!

Only two hours?I cant get to Jasper in 2 hours and thats driving between 130-140
Does someone know a quick route to Calgary that I don’t know about.If there is please tell me.Anyways in regards to the meet I will not be going down two weekends in a row.I will only be able to get one of those Saturdays off and I would rather go to VUB.

Yeah, its not really the fact of driving twice, it’s getting both of those weekends off of work.

If you do 140 the whole way its only about a 2 hour drive. If you do 160 as long as you dont get a ticket you could make it in about 1 hour 45. Take it easy at 130 and you still will only take about 2 hours 15 depending on where you are going.

As long as I have my car back by then I may show up.

Well I guess that depends on your opinion on whats “slow.” :roll: Personally I don’t find 140km the whole way to Calgary very “slow” but then again maybe I’m just “slow.” Lol :shock:

I find on that stretch of the road if you do any less than 130 you are being passed by everyone including gramma’s in their own caprice! I usually set eh cruise at about 135 - 140 and am going slightly faster than the flow.

But I was mostly just having fun when I made that statement. Please dont think of me as a stuck up speed demon out to kill everyone.

Ohh yeah man no worries, I don’t think your a “stuck up speed demon out to kill,” lol I was just saying that I’m a slow driver! Maybe not all the time, but I guess there’s a time and place for everything! :lol: It should be a fun drive if we get some more cars driving down there 8)

We should meet in Red Deer or something…

That would work alot better , or even sylvan lake.

I’d be up for sylvan fo sho, we could all go water slidin after. Heh, i’ve only been there once and i remember a nice ice cream place. I’m just kinda antsy to get my car out on the open road, the most highway driving i’ve done in my 200 has been to sherwook park and back a few times :roll:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36987&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Thats the link to the beyond thread. Anyone else interested in a Red Deer meet?

Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself…as well as you can do that on a forum.

as the name suggest, i drive a blue SpecV. Not many mods, but a few planned or almost ready to be done. I look forward to meetin more Car people, and hope to see some of ya at the meets that seem to be bein planned.

May 8th 1pm sunridge Mall parking lot lower level. is anyone on here going? Stinky?

I will be there for sure

Calgary Nissan Meet

On Beyond.ca, there is a topic in the events section, where a bunch of the Nissans guys want to have a meet. We should go down and meet with them. I put across the date of the 16th of May, right after the VUB (15th), only because we would already be down there, and it would make things easier for us. Seeing as how the hotels are pretty cheap for the number of people, why not? This would be just a meet with the Calgary guys, a possible BBQ, a big ass cruise, maybe to the mountains, photo shoots and such. I posted something up on Northwest Nissans, but I doubt they’ll wanna drive all this way.

Input? Dates? What do you think?

The Beyond guys are leaning towards May 8th. But we are also there on the 15th, so not sure if you boys want to go there 2 weekends in a row.

Lemme know.

Its not that far to Calgary From Edmonton. Mabey 2 hours if you drive slow.

I may be there in my S12

i will more than likely be there.
need some old school flavor!

Only two hours?I cant get to Jasper in 2 hours and thats driving between 130-140
Does someone know a quick route to Calgary that I don’t know about.If there is please tell me.Anyways in regards to the meet I will not be going down two weekends in a row.I will only be able to get one of those Saturdays off and I would rather go to VUB.