Rolex 24 at Daytona

On Speed Channel now, The new Porsche DP is dominating

schedule… Noon - 6, 8pm-11pm 8am to noon

I really like the new designs for 06 they have.

Real good race so far, I love night racing heh.

Thank god for tivo. It’s official now though the racing season has started :slight_smile:

The final stretch is on… NOW!

Im rooting for WTF engineering!! But Redrocket is there right now with team sahlen car 43 i believe. Yesterday they were doing well for a good portion of the race, thats a big W00t for a local team.

Finally watched the last of the race. Couple things I noticed…

• The pace was crazy: I think they set a record (at least for the DP era) in amount of laps run over the 24hr period. Big testament to the DP cars as well as teh GT cars under the new rules holding up. Also there were a lot less accidents than last year. Last year, half the field was out before nightfall.

• Casey Wheldon gets no respect: I don’t understand, the guy wins the 24hr Daytona, and when ESPN does their 24Hr Daytona piece, they follow Danica Patrick around the whole time, and SHE LOST!!! THEY DIDN’T EVEN FINISH THE RACE!!! WTF?! :mad: They didn’t even show any highlights, or who actually won, it was just Danica this, and Danica that.

• Where was BMW? Where were the Nissan 350Zs?

• The Pontiac GTOs are looking pretty good, as are the RX-8s. They didn’t win the overall, but they were very fast. Once they go back to the sprint/short races, they should be pretty fast.

• A couple teams started implementing brake changes every 6-8 hours. I don’t remember this happening before. I started watching it all again to see just how badly the brakes were getting used. I thought the idea was to roll off the throttle early, and lightly brake to save the rotors?

• The Brumos Porsche team is cursed: Those guys have the worst luck ever. They just can’t catch a break. Lexus and Ford were the domintators over the weekend. Porsche showed signs of brilliance, they definitely had the power in the straights.

• Local Amherst boy Eric Lutz did well driving a Porsche too. Congrats to those guys.

yep they set a new lap record for the DP era and I noticed the danica hype too. What made it worse was there were other women racing with MORE talent

I had free pit passes, but didnt feel like making the trip down. I’ll catch the Brumos Porsche 250 in July.