Roll Cage Options? Brian...

Whats up boys… havent been on here in quite some time… im kinda dormant in the winter. Anyways… the more I think, I would really like a roll cage in my car for this spring. It would make me feel a lot safer in the car w/ a cage & harnesses for how fast its getting. I know a few of you on here have cages… I know of Brians and I know some HD guys have them. The question is who installed yours? I was going to install mine here at the shop but I am going to KEEP my targa top holders in the rear hatch. The car isnt a race car and I still want to be able to take the roof off this summer and want a place to store it… who wants to get caught in the rain w/ no roof! By keeping the targa it just makes the job that much harder. So here are a few places… let me know if you ever heard of any of their work.

#1 - Xotic Motorsports, Allentown, PA - They have done many Supra targa roll cages which keep the targa holders. I called and talked to Xotic, I talked to the owners dad… guess the owner was young. His dad was a master pipe fabricator before his son opened the shop. Since then his dad has been kicking some serious ass doing cages. His son the owner is also a Supra owner. They installed a cage in a 04 Lightning I believe and it was a full cage, they had the rear bars coming out of the rear 3 section window! It was unreal… check out their site to see it. Proably cost around $1500.

#2 - S&W Racecars - I know they make a Supra cage… not sure if it holds the targa and if im right I believe S&W just sells cages not installs them? I could be wrong… I just see a lot of them for sale on the net. Price should be a little cheaper but who would install it?

#3 - Not sure of the company name. My dad is really close friends with Harry Scheean from Brownsville, PA… they have a machine shop & a race car, its a new Sebring and the inside is just beautiful… so is the roll cage. His son is the regional manager for Chrysler in our area, so Chrysler gave them a new Sebring to make into a new racecar to replace their old one. He always said get a hold of him when I want a cage and he will set me up with the guy… Price should be really high im sure… and im not sure if this guy has ever done a Supra… if he is that good is shouldnt matter… but who really wants their car a test car, ya know?

#4 - Pittspeed suggestions… (fill in)

I can honestly say im pretty happy with Xotics cages & prices… I just wanted to see anyone elses opnion on here w/ a cage. Check out this link for some pics of the installed cage.

http://www.xoticmotorsports.com/gallery/AndrewsSupraCage

If anyone has any more info or places to check out let me know.

Peace.

i got my cage from s&w… decent quality… cut to fit… cheap.

i plan on welding it in… or someone that can weld… shouldn’t be too too difficult…

S&W is cheap thats 4 sure (meaning $$ not quality)… which is good for a race car in which tight fitment is not an issue… I have been reading people have been having to really modify the Supra kit from S&W in order to get it to fit… I might just throw down the money and get a custom chromoly one and forget about it. I also would like to get in touch with Kens Custom Chassis… he did JoJo’s pro car but im sure thats going to be a bit more than Xotic.

steve roth did mine,real nice!

is there any online companys that offer bolt ins? i know for my car they off a 6 point with swing out doors for 400 bucks. i know that doesnt do much help for you but have you thought of removeable bars so its not as much pain in the ass as a solid bar car

what about the guys that did jay’s 240

xotic piece looks really nice !!

Well… I definatly do not want a bolt in cage… kinda defeats the purpose IMO… maybe in a civic it would be fine… but I need this to be NHRA IHRA 10.00 certifited…

as far as swingouts… I was advised by xotic that they are a major PITA and you have to weld in the cage completely, then cut out the swingouts which intern shifts the stucture of the cage which makes the swingouts a PITA to install and get to fit right which increases the cost a lot more. I do not drive this car all the time anyways… I have a vehicle to be comfortable in, lol When I first wanted a cage I always said it would have to have swingouts… but the more I think about it the more its not that big of a deal. I would be afraid of them squeeking when you hit bumps, etc…

good to hear that you’re fucking with the Supra again. :cool:

my bolt in is!wolferacecarft!

mark…I think Eric was lookin at a S&W cage for his car maybe. I will talk to him and see what he can find out

I know a lot of people on honda-tech talk about kens custom chassis. I am pretty sure he did some work on Rado’s old cars and gardellas race car. from what I hear he is the man.

If the S&W will fit without a lot of mods to it I am sure you could do it at your garage if you have a tig

ps- you could always call wayne and he will weld it

s&w shit is good,i may have a hook up!