Roll/dig racing at an airport ?

LOL, there was a “what are you bringing” post on the event and the very first pic was an eclipse spyder. HAHAHAHA

^

Exactly. No disrespect to the organizers, but all of the other great 1/2 Mile and Full Mile events are invite only or selected from a list of applicants. Its not a run what you brung thunderdome of college kid cars.

I think its funny that this forum couldn’t get anything like this setup, but a bunch of kids in riced out eclipses can do it.

It’s certainly going to be cluster fuck, but props to the guys making it happen.

The event page is getting pretty entertaining.

the question I’ve yet to see anyone ask is “how will track clean up be handled to ensure it remains safe?”

we all know that at least a couple of mechanical failures will happen.

it’s a wide ass runway with nothing on the sides, shot of rolling or hitting each other nothing can happen. these events happen plenty of other airports and it’s no big deal. way safer than street outlaws or street racing, probably safer than empire with nothing to hit.

This place is definitely more stand around your car and drink coffee than actually drive your car. I tried to get a couple NYSpeed meets at Nelson Ledges a couple years ago and there was no where near enough interest to do a dedicated day. Instead the couple of us that wanted to drive just showed up at a FunDay.

then when somebody else does it everybody has to shit on it.

I might be helping tech cars so we will see how fast I get shanked…

Aren’t those turbo AWD with the engine being the same from an Evo?

I think that was a concept, ralliart or something.

With proper insurance and all the necessaries we were looking at $500+ per car. We certainly could have set it up but no one would have paid that much.

These guys are charging $30 per car. It’s possible costs have decreased significantly but I doubt it. Just ask @BOBBYGRV about the costs / requirements to setup what we did at the little go-cart track a few years ago. Some providers wanted additional tire berms, etc.

I really want to go to this but I probably can’t. @LZ1 if you’re getting involved I’d be interested to know if they have insurance and if they offer any resistance to letting you know their coverage limits. Not to mention the costs for shutting down an active public use airport and how they managed to get that to happen. With enough money anything is possible but not at $30 per car.

Maybe I’m totally off base here. I hope this goes well because it’s something I’ve always wanted to do :tup:

Other places across the country do it for $120-300

Maybe if there is a Home Depot on site and a tent that sells high end watches it could be cool…

OHHHH SNAP

With a screen name like that…it has to be good.

Those Nelson Funday’s were the best learning experience as far as track driving I’ve had. A guy at the Ralph Auto-X told me someone bought the course and are re-paving it.

Oh boy, don’t piss off the watch gents.

Now we’re talking :tup:

Drink some coffee standing next to your Vette, stop by Bed Bath and Beyond if you have time and you’ve got a nice little Saturday.

Lots of people here still like cars and race a lot still browse and don’t post…

I think part of the fun will be watching the world’s shitties cars go at it on a track that’s completely unprepped LOL I wanna see disaster! This could be a constant montage of Nascar type crashes. It’ll just be a shame is someone dies the first run because then they’ll shut it down. We need people to explode about half way through so I can justify going to an early lunch/dinner/linner/froyo.

No prep is fine if you’re running 1/2 mile you don’t launch