ron paul 2008

other republicans, i hope u arent voting rudy. hes a fucktard

Ron Paul ftmfw. :tup: Dos first showed me that clip a few months ago…won me over instantly.

he openly supports NORML and for the federal govt to NOT wast money to punish marijuana offenders. who else would do that?

he also supports smaller government and less foreign involvement. He wants us to become more self sufficient again, which will create jobs.

I think he is a great candidate. I just hope his momentum keeps growing. More people have to become involved to take back our government, I’ll be doing my part

OMG 4:20!!!

LAME.

lol. yea yea…im just saying he is gonig to be reckognized as the president(if he gets elected) who helped cure disease and created a whole new world of outpatient cancer/disease care. just get em high!

His healthcare system is a joke.

John Mccain is a much better candidate, look at some of the debates, Mccain did an hour with mtv/myspace and answered a ton of questions.

a country without taxes…WTF?

I think EVERYONE should pay taxes…but the wealthy should not have to pay the highest taxes.

The rich worked the hardest to get where they are, don’t penalize them.

prob one of the stupidest things i have heard.

The fact that rich people should not be penalized?

Why?

They obviously worked the hardest to get to where they are.

This is America, If you want to make 5 million a year, you have the SAME oppertunity that every other person does.
So why does our country tax them the most?

It should be a flat rate tax for everyone

So someone who lives in America and is allowed to become a multi-millionaire should pay the same taxes as a person struggling to make 20k a year?

Retarded.

Does anyone actually agree with him?

We tax them the most because they make the most, i think it would be dumb for the “poor” people to be taxed the same as the people making millions.

They make the money, they can def afford the taxes brought with making that much.

No- but it should be a flat rate tax… Example 20%

a person making 2 mil a year is going to pay a lot more than a person makeing 20 grand a year.

it’s fucked up how it is now… a person making 20K a year only has to pay like 15% or less and a person making 2 mil has to pay over %30
(these are not exact numbers, just using as example)

just because they make more money doesn’t mean they should pay higher taxes. If anything they should be rewarded because they succeded in life and make America a better place (usually by owning a business giving 100’s to 1000’s of people jobs) , rather than sucking off the system like low class americans do.

they should be rewarded for being successful…hmm

they are, there making millions.

Not everyone has the opportunity to become business owners and such.

Majority of big companies were not just created, they were passed thru families and such.

this is the dumbest shit i have ever heard… so you wanna maintain the mentality that the rich get rich and the poor get poorer…and what, since i dont make millions i am a low class citizen?

the rich already get TONS of tax breaks, they have breaks available to them that the MIDDLE class dont…and i say MIDDLE cause thats what it is, not fucking low class

get rid of the income tax. raise national sales tax. done.

I dont really see that as a feasible plan either…

What percentage do we raise it to, in NY we’re paying ~8%, 4% local and 4% percent state. If you add say another 5%, thats a 13% sales tax. That’s less than the taxation in most of Canada including GST, and the still have to collect income taxes. Granted they have slightly higher costs in social programs, but factor in our outrageous military spending (that never seems to actually make it to the troops) and our national debt, and I’m sure we need more than that 5%.

I have honestly never read or heard much about him until watching that video. All you hear about is Hillary and Obama. Never cared for Hillary and Obama isn’t doing anything for me.

But reading where Paul stands on issues is pretty much in parallel to my thoughts.

As for taxes, I think it should be a set percentage with equal benefits and incentives. At least try and make a balanced system. x% of taxation and x% of incentives available. You shouldn’t tax the hell out of a rich person just because they have the money to tax. A lot of people worked hard to build their education or promote themselves to get into that position. So why punish a person that works their ass off. Not saying that everyone is worth what they make, but there is exceptions.

It’s going to be interesting. He’s got a lot of internet support and a ton of donations coming in to support his campaign.

^^if hes got your support register republican(if your not already) to vote for him in the primaries :tup: