Rota questions

I’ve been looking at some OZ ultraleggers 18x8 for my car… But I really don’t want to drop $335+ a wheel.
I’ve been looking at rota’s as well I’m torn between the Formulas or the Tarmac 3’s
Anyone have any thing to say about rota’s in general? I know they are not the lightest wheel around ( 22lbs for the 18’s) But they are pretty reasonably priced, are they strong wheels? Anyone on here have them? I had a set on my delsol but those were 15’s…

I had them on my wrx. They looked good, were cheap, and durable. I rolled the car several times and the rims were still in perfect shape… minus the scratches from the payment. I ended up selling them super cheap. The guy who bought them sand blasted and powder coated them. Turned out very nice.

i am sure some one will pop in saying they know a guy who has a friend that knew this kid that had a set spontaneously combust. however, mine never had an issue, never gave newman an issue, or beck, or whoever the fuck has them now.

I have a set of tarmac 2’s or 3’s I believe for my winter wheels… smacked a curb at autocross with them they got a bit scuffed up but they survived.

Still using them, they are a bit heavy though.

HOWEVER I also have a set of OZ superleggeras and I <3 them, lighter, wider, better looking… just find something used. Also, why 18’s?

cause the 08 5 door has huge wheelwells.

Ihave a set of 17" SDR’s and they are heavy… but still look like new & have gotten hot a few times on the track. no complaints.

redrckt: I have a sedan…but yeah you are right…even 17’s look small.

Chino…is your sti an 04? If so 5x100 lugs…you should sell me your wheels!

it’s a 04 but i’m keepin mine they still have another winter or two left :smiley:

so you have rotas, and the OZ superleggeras?

I have two sets 17" rotas - boosts and slipstreams. No problems or complaints.

i have rota d2’s and like them. no complaints. :tup:

no problems with mine either…