route 5 tonight (the road and 14 to 18 foot waves tonight)

im going to check it out now. i will also snap some pics.

good i was just going to say someone go take pix … just be careful

neither or my skis are winterized, and one of them is still on the side of the house…I’ll hit it up.

Couldn’t get any clear pics between the snow/wind/mist at the moment sadly. A few others were out checking it out as well. Very awesome.

fuzz you crazy foo

I said I heard, not predicted :ham:.

shit, I should have taken my surfboard out lol.

Did anyone get pics of these?

so far this thread a complete failure.

are these waves surfable? how often does this happen? I think it would be bad-ass to surf lake erie with 15 foot faces. What are the chances of this size waves coming around during warm months? I might have to bring up my JC board sometime…

good luck with that, apparently you didnt see santa surfing the niagara river today on the news?

i drove down to the dunkirk water treatment plant, it was nuts. as fuzzy wrote, no good pics, sorry. waves were hitting the plant pretty good tho.

i was down a Hoch’s around 8:30pm and i must say i was totally disappointed. water level was high, but i think early this year in spring we had a storm that had waves so big they were crashing over the wall and onto Rt. 5. last night wasn’t nearly impressive.

Anyone go down in the middle of the night? I bet it was quite a show judging by how bad the winds were after about 10pm.

:needpic:

You live in Dunkirk??? We were by the rails last night… awesome waves

no they break right on the beach or the break wall

you could see some serious white caps ripping over the break walls last night from the skyway

http://www.buffalonews.com/258/story/235632.html

^severe lack of pics, by the Snooze

http://www.wivb.com/global/story.asp?s=7538041

Great video of him in action

probably not. They are probably the sloppiest waves possible with winds like that.

When trade winds picked up a bit when I was in Hawaii it made conditions pretty shitty. And i’m talking about winds that weren’t as bad as that last night.