Royksopp music

What is the skinny on Royksopp?

A couple years ago I purchased a CD called Ultra Chill II and it had a song called “So Easy” by a band called Royksopp.
The song is very old and originally sung by Bobby Vinton and it was called “blue on blue”.(no I wasn’t born yet when it came out):biglaugh:

Fast forward 2 years…
I was curious aboot the new Geico caveman commercial music so I Googled it and found that it was by a Duo named Royksopp.
Anyway I kind of like their tunes but didn’t know if anyone else had heard of them.

Their videos are pretty cool too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-v8WHF4XEI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04nuJnNDf8I

There songs are in a couple of snowboarding DVD’s I have, I threw em on the mp3 player and used to jam out to it on the slopes

yeah i like royksopp for when i feel like a little trance. good stuff.

Trance huh?
I have heard of trance, now I know what it is and I like it.(At least some of it)

Their music is really catchy I am surprised more people haven’t posted about them.

I was wondering who made that song. Pretty catchy. I love that caveman commercial :slight_smile:

Were you able to find a full mp3 of the Geico commercial version of “Remind Me?”

Reminds me of Daft Punk a bit.

Here you go

What the hell, UBHub has all this Royksopp stuff. :smash2: The version in AWDrifter’s first link is the “Somebody Else’s Radio” Remix.

The original album track is the Geico Commercial version

ive heard quite a bit of them…

then realized that was their song the geico commercial

not bad…

remind me has been my ringer for a few months now…YaY… just used the MP3 i had and put it on the PPC… best song EVER LOL

I am waiting for the DJ populous input/opinion.:gotme:
Do you think they suck or what?
Music threads usually go for pages.

I could be wrong, but the majority of the DJs here don’t do trance/electronica.

^ OK, that might explain the lackluster response.:slight_smile:

I like Royksopp…but I kinda have to be in the mood for it.

Why do you need their opinion if you like how they sound? :shrug:

is still awesome.

that second song is DOPE…thats the singer from the knife by the way, they’re a group from sweden that’s been killing it for a few years now

this isn’t even CLOSE to trance by the way. this is just electronica, downtempo if you really want to classify down. sounds like a blend of kraftwerk, daft punk and whatever else electronica comes to mind at the time.

i would recommend checking out the daft punk albums if you haven’t gotten to them (i’d be surprised if you said you hadn’t though)!