rubicant and rx3 are no longer mods? Now with sushi!

What? You mean as a person? Of course, nice guy. As a mod though? What difference does it make. I don’t think I ever met rubicant though, maybe I have at an event.

I do accept payment in sushi, however not from Sakura anymore because it is not as tastey as it used to be :frowning:

edit: and Rick is a cool guy in person, and most of the time he was a good mod also… he just didn’t put up with BS which is the whole point of being a moderator. Sometimes he went overboard but you know what, thats america, every once and a while (hiroshima) we get a little crazy and have to apologize (reparations). It did keep people in line though for the most part :wink:

Matt on the other hand, well he’s gay on and off the board. (until i get free sushi, then he is kinda cool)

+1 for Rick being a good guy with a low tolerance for stupidity.

+1 for Matt being gay.

+1 for sushi. I had some sort of dream-something roll at Fuji Saturday. It was like a Japanese party in my mouth.

Kinda like bukaki?

Ichiban roll pwns the dream roll, IMO.

lol I was wondering if it was going to take more than one post. Glad to see you’re on top of things Nick! :rofl:

I don’t know my sushi that well. I think my dream roll was fried scallop with yellowtail on top sprinkled with cavier. I think… What’s an Ichiban roll?

that wasn’t caviar… :fyi:

slow news day here. :slight_smile:

Similar, with scallop, real crab, crunchy stuff, and an amazing sauce. Not truly the definition of real sushi, but it’s effing amazing.

Are you being a smart ass or was that really something else? We didn’t know what it was so we just guessed that the little black balls were caviar. :shrug:

well to make sure we go completely off topic i’ll continue this - have you guys gone to Wasabi ? It is right near Fuji, it’s at hopkins and w. klien. That is my new favorite place, the service is sometimes kinda crappy but the rolls are phenomenal (IMO) and the presentation is really well done especially on the specialty rolls that aren’t on the menu.

I’ve gone to pretty much every sushi place in the area and I really like wasabi best :tup: :tup:

edit: and the crunchy stuff is panko bread crumbs usually, unless its completely fried then its tempura batter, both are really good.

edit2: i really want fucking sushi now damnit.

I sense an NYspeed sushi coming…

some of us used to go every friday to sakura on union, but it got a new owner, new chefs, higher prices and less good tasting rolls

edit: the waitresses were great though, and still had the best seaweed salad of anywhere around

i have no idea. could’ve been rat droppings, or black pearls. :shrug:

I’m not a sushi buff.

That was about the same time Adam dropped off the face… Oh well. That Sea Bar is supposed to be decent from what Zer0Daze told me; expensive but good.

I think Rick was a great Mod!!!

OH and I think Sushi is nasty LOL

QFT Rick is ok in my book dont really know either mod well and sushi is nasty. I think people just get mad when they get warnings or whatever but i know when i get them i am in fact usually being an ass lol.

I want to try that wasabi place soon

Wasabi blows. Their prices aren’t any better than any other restaurant, and their squid made me sick.

Fuji Grill FTW.