Runner flow question

why not just port match the openings?

That would be a huge job, I don’t want to pull the head and intake manifold to do that, and potentially mess up the port design. The stock design flows better than a few self-ported designs I have seen, so I wouldn’t want to do it myself either.

If it ain’t broke…

When in Rome… :lol:

That is a pretty sad spacer. No one makes a better phenolic spacer? You could have your own made relatively easily.

mark nobody makes a MLS style gasket for your app? i can understand not wanting the paper since it blew out, as well as the desire to not lose anything from simply swapping a gasket.

http://www.cometic.com/custom.aspx

i got one of these gasket on my crx after i kept blowing stockers. it doesnt squish down very much, its pretty hard. havnt had one leak issue since either.

The exhaust manifold gasket is MLS, which is great, but the intake only comes in the stock paper gasket, a felpro paper gasket for the 1g neon (which i’m using now, not even the same shape port), or the plastic one.

Its a shame, since an MLS one would be perfect for me.

You’d be better off with the phenolic for heat purposes and they hold pressure well. I have tested them up to 35-40psi. No problems.