new intake

:tup:

:bigtup:

:snky:

:fu:

I hope that beer is part of your bottle collection.

Wana borrow my glass cutter?

Dan

jebus

Time to cut the cowl?

damn haha

Nice!

That’s my truck manifold!!! It finally came in. I’ll be there this weekend to pic it up

How are you fitting a truck manifold in there lol. I take it Dyno numbers will be up soon??

WOW…Thats a big differnece!

Is this going in a vet?
I cant tell

And I thought MY intake was tall…

Its going on his f-body…

Hammer time

cars broke

???

I hope the manifold your using fits better than that, that mismatch of having a smaller intake port in the head vs the intake manifold is going to hurt flow a bit unless you portmatch the head a bit.

LOL

intake didnt fit, sold car
bought a truck to race

HA.

:huh:

set the base on.

sits on the heads good

front looks like it clears the WP, I htink the LSXR 102 hit the LS1 WP? slaos clears my coolant tubes, and the LS6 valley cover I run.

Fits my unported heads ok, little bigger then the stock ports.

:slight_smile:

The runner outlets to the head are 1.02 to 1.03 wide by 2.77 tall. 2,83 CSA
The runner inlets at the plenum are 1.625 wide by 2.350 tall 3.81 CSA :slight_smile:
runners are 10.0 long, along the middle off a runner (head face to runner radius) And only have a slight bend.

Taped all the head ports up really good, and the VC fittings, Covered the motor up in a few layers of sheets. A folded up softer blanket on the valley cover to kneel on (your gonna be there a while) And started hacking :slight_smile: At 1st tried to keep the inner cowl truss thats over on the passenger side. So cut right along that (cuts oput the sop welds, so was gona weld it back a little on the side) And cut about 8 1/2 inchs wide back under the windshield.

That didnt work, The motor is that 3/4 inch off to the passager side so your gona have to loose that truss thing.

And the back of this intake in not square do your gonna have to slant the back, deeper on the passenger side.
I figure theres no holes around there for the cowl trim push T’s to use anyway. And cutting more makes it easier to work on the car. So trimming it over not to next holes for the cowl T’s and blending that back.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/168241_10151167399639535_815926927_n.jpg

done fitting had it trimmed back to the last lower spot weld on the truss it attaches to the fire wall. It fit but close and think it would hit tilting back the motor the pull the trans, so cut it back flush that lest bit on the passenger side and welded to the firewall. Now I can get my hand between them so hope thats enough to not pull the intake for the trans. Also rolled a drip end around the cowl notch, to hopefully stop water form getting on the motor. The sunoco cowl should cover the middle, id should drain down the side into the fenders like normal. And gona put the plastics back trimmed in the middle for the intake, and can seal them up or whatever that needs.