Running e85 NA

Anyone run e85 in a NA car? How much compression are you running in your setup?

I’m thinking about running it.:slight_smile:

I’m also considering this, out of the pump its supposed to be around 97 - 98 octane, everyone claims 105, but its not exactly right.

If I can run 12:1 without detonation, I’ll deffinatly be running it, 2.50 a gallon sure beats race gas.

Local e85 is only the 100+ octane in the summer around here for a couple months. In the other months it’s a shit winter mix with a lower octane

Actually E85 in this area around the summer has always been over 90% EtOH. I have a friend who runs this in his racecar and says the EtOH % is always in the 92-95% range which is 102-105 octane rating. I will be purchasing a kit to check the local E85 % in the spring time

i like where your head is at.

besides main st. in williamsville where is there e85? anywhere closer to lancaster or west senica?

Wasn’t aware there was a station on Main St. in Williamsville? I am going to make a new thread

apparently a wilson farms way down main st. has had it for a while.

^Don’t think so. If you’re referring to the Wilson Farms at Goodrich/Main then no deal. Unless they just don’t advertise it :lol:

I might go to 13:1. :slight_smile:

can you hear that, cackly

good lord thats nuts. what injector would you need for that? probably a 60? how about fuel pump? would one walboro cut it?

With a large camshaft you should be able to get away with at least 13.5 SCR. Pat the 60 lb. injector might be a tad more than you need but you can never have enough injector and they idle well at low duty cycles.

only reason i said 60 is because my 42’s are running somewhere around 60 i think. with 30% more needed that would put the 42’s on the edge and thats bad when toying with such a high comp.

Yeah the duty cycle calculation in HP Tuners is a bit of bullshit. It is no where near accurate or a true duty cycle of an actual injector

^ wernt turbo’s at like 130% duty cycle at one point :lol:

ya stepping up the fuel in easy I got a hookup on that stuff. And can test 1-2-3 FP setups in pump tester at the shop of leaks, and all that.
Glad I had nick make the nice bead rolled alum. trap door setup. When I did the new rollbar updates :slight_smile:

There is a guy name Ron who has a white Monza that specializes in doing up E85 carbs. He told me his friend runs 14.1 big block with nitrous in a dragster that run 4.5 in the 1/8th. I was thinking about switching to it to save on fuel costs. I know you have to get a bigger fuel pump, injectors, and it’s not recommended to let the fuel sit in your car for too long because moisture gets into the tank. You shouldn’t have too many problems since your vehicle came with EVAP emissions so water shouldn’t get into your tank too easily. But since my new setup will be 11.1 I should be fine with pump gas.

i know alot of honda guys run it with near 14:1 compression

If i had it near me i would definetly run it, its alot cheaper running it for honda NA guys than FI as Fi guys need 2000cc (near 200lb) injectors for any decent numbers

im running 12.5:1 on 93 oct no problem