Running rich n oil smells gasy ! ? Fml

Hey just starting to tear town stuff looking for problems but I have
S14 sr20 had some maf problems but got new one why would oil smell of gas? And what can I check I’m on to the injectors but
They look ok except 2 of the
Little tabs at the tip are snapped off!

Help is that bad

Ps everything stock except bov fmic

did this happen RIGHT after changing the maf? or have you been driving it for a while before the problem happened.

I doubt its an injector problem because they usually work, or dont… or get gummed up… or lose impedence and work half way. Its possible that they could be stuck open and dumping fuel all the time… but the car would be running very very poorly.

Generally speaking the fuel is determined by the measurement of o2 going into the intake, the percentage of throttle, and the amount of o2 coming out of the exhaust. If any of those 3 factors are not working, it effects the amount of fuel being burned. Check TPS, MAF, and O2 sensor (last resort, because its probably a PITA if you haven’t taken it out in a while). You could also have a vacuum leak, specifically the vacuum line feeding the fuel pressure regulator.

As for the oil smell… hard to say. maybe you’re just burning oil, its not the end of the world. If you are burning oil (given its not a head gasket issue, and is caused by lower compression/oiler ring problems) I would recommend a product called “restore”, it comes in a metal can and you add it to your oil. Its basically just really thick oil and it will help with compression issues. It could also be a leaky turbo as well.

I would bet money though that its just running so rich that it smells oily. wouldn’t be the first time. Tackle one problem at a time. if you fix the fuel issue and its still burning oil, then move on to finding out what thats all about.

i dont think he said hes burning oil just the oil smell’s gassy.

ooooooooh. I dont pay attention…

that might be blow by. loss of cylinder compression and compress fuel is blowing through the rings. Do a compression test.

if its not bad, then restore should make it better, run a thicker oil. eventually you will have to replace the rings… or need a new motor.

Hey dudes sorry for late respone! ok i cleaned IACV umm i guess i can ajust the TPS i need to clean O2 sensor but ya its running mad rich i didnt compression test cold and it was decent and even across board! Whats with the hks afr can u jsut throw that on and ajust that or that stupid?

and would a boost leak cause running riCH>?

A boost leak after the maf will cause you to run rich since the ecu thinks its gettting all the metered air when in reality it doesnt and dumps more fuel causing you to run richer.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16099[/ATTACH]BUMP!!! when doing a boost test the DIY ones with just nipple caps and compresser WHERE do i hook it up? to get best results sr20 s14 id upload picutre but it wont let be bec there always to big lool?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16099[/ATTACH]