Rust!!

List of tools you need:
Water trap for compressor
HVLP gun with a tip/needle (1.4) for paint, should have a larger tip/needle 1.4.-1.6) for clear & must have a larger 1.8+ for primer or high build primer.
Base coat
reducer/hardner for base
Clear
Catalyst for clear
primer
hardner for primer
mixing cups. or digital scale (have to me mixed dead on btw)
strainers

sanding blocks
cheese grater (rough shaping tool while the filler is still sorta soft)
80-100-120-180-220… up to 320 grit prior to prime.
prime
after prime 400-500 grit
surface cleaner/prep
base coat
flash time
clear coat
buff out orange peel :rofl

angle grinder or air grinder
cut off wheel
gringing wheel
flapper wheel for paint removal
replacement panel or sheet metal
metal working tools
body hammers dies and what not
welder (mig works… flux core WILL NOT work forget that) TIG is better but takes a long time
Rust removal chems, &/or primer/sealer
filler, regulary grey/red bondo blows dick. get the lightweight stuff, or the yellow can stuff.

Body work is an art, and is why it is usually the most expensive repair done to a car. It is the easiest thing to cob job, and make look ok but it wont last. Honestly if you screw up one step above your repair will last a year tops. Everything must be done perfect for a repair to last years and for the untrained eye to not know a repair was ever done.

If your going to tackel it, have the right tools, and a heated clean garage. Ask specific questions and I will help you the best I can. Read up on autobody fourms too there are lots of guides out there.

go to the junk yard, get an old hood. smash it with a hammer and repair it. practice before you try it on something you care about.