RWD cars with independant rear ends?

there’s a mark VIII at M&M. the intake manifold on those is purdy.

AWD DSM’s I believe

Only reason I was suggesting something stronger was even light weight cars get wheel hop and destroy rear ends

With how chap and available rebuild parts are as well I would only do the other if the weight savings was drastic. I will take 20-30lbs for cheap rebuilds, gear swaps, and a very durable diff.

I’m 100% with you on this one Drew. I’ll be keeping my eyes open for an LSD independant 8.8 ford rear for sure. That’s really what I was aiming for from the get-go, just looking to compile a list of other possibilities so if I see something I can grab it to get going on the project.

and in response to Paul B’s miata comments… that $1600 one is not only a pile of shit, but has a P.O.S. body kit on it, and it’s a 1.6 engine…if I was going to buy a miata for a donor, I’d only consider the 1.8 and if I was using a miata I’d just want to use the miata trans as well instead of the T5 I have now…considering I can probably get a motor and rear end for under $200 at this point, miatas don’t make sense…it’ll be pretty hard to find one around $500 or less to justify it.

Fair enough lol <3

how long ago did you see the e30’s?

Is this thing done yet?

Older BMW are independent and work. I have a spare E36 rear frame if you need to test fit for any reason.

may I borrow and see how it sits? if I like how it sits would you sell it(how much)?

You certainly can borrow it! if you like it they go for about $100-$150. Sext me!

300ZX/ 240sx needs 4 points of connection:
http://raremotive.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/IMG_1138.jpg

e36 needs 6 pionts of connection:

Lol use one of the two 1980’s AMC Eagle rear ends at M&M.

have a parts car e36m3 with good rear suspension if you’re interested

S30. Rear end might work for you.

240z is lightest http://www.zhome.com/zcarfilesJPEG/70ReSusp.jpg

Ratios available are 3.08 3.545 3.73 3.90 4.11 4.56 and a super rare 5.12 I believe it was

do any S30 rear ends have LSD? (stock OR reasonably priced aftermarket)

Yes, there’s a few stock LSD units and a pretty decent aftermarket. I can help you track some down.

When I get home I’ll give you a website with a big list of what cars came with what.

http://www.geocities.com/inlinestroker/ratio.html

Here you go

R180 = 180mm ring gear it’s lighter than the r200
R200 = 200mm ring gear, it’s heavier but much stronger.

I pushed over 500ftlbs of torque through my open r200 one and broke the pin between the spider gears after the welds gave up. But I beat the fuck out of that. poor penetration.

R180s usually handle 300hp/tq no problem in full blown racecars

You might even be able to run an r160. I have very little knowledge about this diff because it was in 510’s and subarus. But I think it can handle 200hp/tq no problem.

There are a few companies that make custom axles and stuff that you can call. Rear brake conversions etc.

Feel free to call me with any questions 445-0883 I have a spare (broken) r200 rear end if you want to come check it out / borrow for fitment.

I just got done rebuilding my rear end with new gears/bearings/seals etc and decided to take some photos to show you how it mounts.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23630[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]23631[/ATTACH]