S13.5 Conversion

So an unfortunate event happened to my 180 that I require to replace my fenders and bumper…since it’s going through insurance, I was thinking of taking advantage of doing my S15 conversion. Here’s my dillema, I have no clue what exactly needs to be done to accomplish that and the second thing is that since it’s going to be needed to be done through a body shop I don’t know what garage is experienced in doing conversions. I kind of already have an idea what kind of front end I want, I’m going more towards an OEM style looking S15 Spec R, so yeah, any recommendations, words of advise, can someone point me in the right direction? I really don’t want to have to result to a Sil80, the uniqueness is kind of gone…

I believe you can buy the kit from auto dream, it is expensive though

noooo … dont do it dude …

What the conversion? Well there’s some around that are actually not too bad, there was a full conversion from speedtech for about $1600, that’s the hood, fenders, bumper, etc…the only problem is who can do it without screwing up my car…

I think it looks good but i just hope you dont drive the car in the winter.

http://www.monkys.jp/e/img/1991KRS13S15_01_01.jpg

Did you pull an “Amar”?

Well besides the kit itself on s13 you will also be required to re-weld your rad support. . And s15 headlights run 600-800 each alone and that will be over and above 1600 for panels. I highly doub insurance will pay for that unless you take a cash settlement and than add on your $$.

“uniqueness is kind of gone…” hmm did you buy your car for uniqueness or cuz you like it ?
Wanna be unique than mold your own s13 kit , or pay a few g’s and get some airbrushing done you be one of a kind.

Fitment is a huge bitch.

Yeah I was thinking that and you do have a point, I initially did like the S13 front end and until I actually have another car to play with then I’ll go ahead with an S15 front end. I did read up on that rad support thing and I was seeing if I can get away with not doing that but apparently I need to in order for the bumper to fit…I guess an S13 conversion if I’m going through insurance would probably be the best way to go or just build on what I have already…

And no I didn’t pull an “amar” taxi hit me…

They actually settle pretty fast if they are in the wrong! A Taxi hit me once and after I gave them my quote and their adjuster came out to see my vehicle. The total amount of time from the accident until I had a check in my hands was about 2 weeks!